Atletico de Kolkata News

Comments

• red_devilred_devil kolkata2468 Points

Indian Super League: Thierry Henry to visit India

Abhishek Ganguly| TNN | Oct 18, 2016, 10:51 IST
    Thierry Henry will be visiting Kolkata for a day Reuters PhotoThierry Henry will be visiting Kolkata for a day. (Reuters Photo)
    KOLKATA: Thierry Henry will be at the Rabindra Sarobar Stadiumto watch Atletico de Kolkata(ATK) host Mumbai City FC on October 25.

The legendary Arsenal and France striker, who is being brought to India by Puma, will be visiting Kolkata for a day. Besides taking part in promotional activities, the World Cup winner will get his first taste of Indian football in the evening.

Henry, who is the record goal-scorer for Arsenal and also played for clubs likeBarcelona and Monaco during an illustrious career, will leave the day after for Mumbai where he will meet his fans and share footballing tips with grassroots players.

"We are extremely excited to get Thierry Henry to India for the first time and give his fans the opportunity to see him from close quarters. We know that his popularity in the football fraternity is unmatched," said Abhishek Ganguly, managing director of Puma, India.

The 39-year old Henry is currently the second assistant coach of the Belgium national team.
    munna219777rikfooty
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    ATK should have smarted from last season's experience of Postiga. The guy is 33-34 and hasn't had an injury free season in many years. He has become a "trophy" player. Bikas Jairu needs a knee operation and is out of ISL. He won't be back before February-March.
    munna219777shubham_northeastern
    ISL: Helder Postiga ruled out of action for next three matches Written by: Sujata Sarkar Updated: Monday, October 17, 2016, 12:38 [IST] Kolkata, Oct 16: Atletico De Kolkata top brass seems to be upset with their marquee footballer Helder Postiga’s continual injury. The former Portuguese international, who had played with Cristiano Ronaldo, has played only 1 match for the franchise last season.  Helder Postiga This season also, Postiga has been suffering from an injury in the lower portion of his body and he has been able to play only one and half matches as he had to be substituted in the middle of ATK’s last match against Kerala Blasters. The team’s doctor has suggested that the footballer has to take at least three weeks. On Sunday (October 16) during the match against FC Goa, the footballer was seen sitting in the VIP box along with the  team officials including Sourav Ganguly. When asked about his condition, Postiga said, “I hope I will be able to return to the ground soon. I am trying me best.” Unfortunately for Atletico de Kolkata, Postiga will be out of action for the next three matches. And among the three forthcoming matches Kolkata team has one very important tie against Delhi Dynamos. It has also been learned that the top brass of the team is not very happy with the marquee footballer. One of the officials, speaking on the issue, said: “We did not want to renew contract with Postiga as marquee footballer because he is injury prone. "We could understand it in the last season. But finally, looking at the expenses for recruiting other listed marquee footballers we were bound to recruit Postiga again.” The team’s coach Jose Molina also seems frustrated that ATK has made draws in three matches out of its four. He has reportedly said to the officials that, the team needs Postiga in the forward line to score. 

Read more at: http://www.oneindia.com/sports/football/isl-helder-postiga-ruled-of-action-next-three-matches-2236308.html
    Deb_BanArsenalFan700
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    This is starting to get ridiculous now

Longer ISL will help Indian football: ATK’s Doutie

Kolkata Oct 19: A longer Indian Super League (ISL), as planned by the All India Football Federation (AIFF) and its commercial partner Football Sports Development Limited (FSDL), will serve the country's football better, Atletico de Kolkata (ATK)'s winger Sameehg Doutie said here on Wednesday.

"It is best if the league is run with the FIFA calendar and professionally, so that clubs can compete in the Asian level," Doutie told reporters.

"Indian players can challenge in the (AFC) Champions League. A longer league will also help in more international players coming to India."

AIFF is planning to introduce a longer ISL from the next football season, with select I-League clubs getting a chance to play in the eye-grabbing tournament.

The South African, who scored a superb volleyed goal in ATK's last game against FC Goa, said a longer league will also help Indian footballers earn a better living and try their luck abroad, like the national team's first choice goalkeeper Gurpreet Singh Sandhu who plays for a Norwegian club.

"It is better for players as they can feed their families. Indian players can go abroad like the goalkeeper (Gurpreet) who is doing so well and playing in the national team," Doutie said.

Asked if Indians are good enough to play in the South African Premier League, Doutie said, "Indian players can play in South Africa. He is sitting next to me (team-mate Prabir Das) and he can do it. They are talented. I told Prabir if you keep playing like this you will get into national team. That's the talk we do."

Das said ISL is in a different league compared to the I-League as it can bring in high-profile names like Portugal's Helder Postiga and Brazilian Robero Carlos.

"The preparation is the same as a footballer. The standard of ISL is different. In the I-League I play alongside say Darryl (Duffy) and here I am playing with Postiga."

"I never thought I will get the opportunity to train alongside Postiga, Doutie, (Javi) Lara," Das, who plays for Mohun Bagan in the I-League, added.

goalkeeparNagendra
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    i think we beat this concept so many times,our players need to take the risk and venture outside of india to try play in different countries.
  • samsam 16526 Points

They are gelling well it seems
  • samsam 16526 Points

ISL 2016: Atletico de Kolkata marquee player Helder Postiga hints at return from injury

Kolkata: Atletico de Kolkata marquee player Helder Postiga on Thursday hinted that he might be available for the team's next Indian Super League match against Delhi Dynamos on 22 October as he has started training while continuing to recover from a rib injury.

"I feel much much better now... I've started training with the team for last one week. I want to give 100 per cent for the team. We have two more days. The coach will decide whether I'm ready for next game," the Portuguese World Cup participant told reporters.

File photo of Helder Postiga AFP

File photo of Helder Postiga. AFP

Postiga had failed to recover last season after his 72 minutes appearance in the first match as the former champions faced a similar situation when the 34-year-old sustained a rib injury in their second match.

Insisting that this injury was less serious, Postiga said: "This injury has no comparison to last season's. It was hard last year and the worst injury of my career.

"Injuries happen in football, second time for me in India. It's bad luck. There's little pain in my rib now but it's normal in football. I feel much much better," he said when asked about the status of his rib injury.

Both ATK and Delhi are unbeaten from four matches and their fixture may decide the fate of the two teams but Postiga said it's about maintaining continuity.

"This league is short. If you win two three games, you go on to top. Most important is continuity. I hope we will qualify for playoffs."

The Portuguese further congratulated Bengaluru FC for becoming the first Indian club to make the AFC Cup final with their 3-1 victory over defending champions Johor Darul Ta'zim on Wednesday.

"I saw the first 30 minutes of the match. It's great news for Indian football something that shows that the sport is improving in India."

• samsam 16526 Points
    He wont be back for at least 2 matches more as I have heard