India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• BadBad 5146 Points
    Just wanted to share briefly about Hockey.I feel we have done decently so far,however yesterday was a bad day.

NIKKIN AND SREEJESH(Were dismal). Sreejesh once again let in a soft goal(1st goal).He is becoming inconsistent,has some really good but let's in many soft goals also.

Nikkin had a very very bad day.Missed two chances(both 1on 1).Gave away a penalty corner needless from which they scored the 2nd goal.

I am not mentioning guys like Uthappa, Devindar(Tell me when they will have a good game).

Overall,our initial objective was to qualify for quarters and avoid Australia.It has been achieved,so now let us see as to what happens.
    munna219777
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6769 Points
    Dutee Chand finished 7th in heat 5 with a timing of 11.69 sec... 

Manpreet Kaur (shot put ) not advanced to final
    ;shibier  , thanks for the details..

one small correction in Men's Singles Sculls Finals..

Dattu Bhokanal qualified for C/D final and no medal for this event.... I guess it is to decide the final position and he will be ranked somewhere b/w 13-18...  Top 18 is not the bad performance... Hope he will get qualified for 2020 Tokyo as well..

munna219777
    Hockey men's:

Ireland conceded PC to Argentina after converting penalty goal..

Quarter Finals:
    India vs Belgium ... Let's hope for the best...
    Australia vs Netherlands ( It's like a semi-final)..... Australia may win this QF
    Argentina vs Spain ( Argentina lost to India and drawn against Netherlands & Germany )... Argentina has more chances
    Germany vs New Zealand ... Germany may win this QF

Carbon_14
    ;munna219777  ...

why do we need younger & fitter participants for Shooting & Archery ??

To be frank, in Archery we have done well... I guess, next time, India will concentrate on Archery as well..

So far, only Shooting is pathetic.... Last time, 2 medals and this time none so far...only 3 events are left..
    ;Bad 

As you said, Sreejesh is inconsistent.... But I feel , he is the best available goalkeeper for India and done well so far...

But S. K. Uthappa is a good player... He is still young and will improve with experience... Even-though his conversion rate is poor, he penetrates well and creates chances...

Nikkin is bad in Netherlands game as well..

Devindar : not sure.. Is he a regular ?? ... What is his Jersey number... Can comment only after observing him... :)

• BadBad 5146 Points
    Nagendra,i agree with you that Sreejesh is the best we have .I also personally like him and regard him in perhaps Top Goalkeepers of the world but off he is letting in too many soft goals.
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Guys,i feel it would be better if we do an out an out analysis of our Performances after the Olympics is done because currently we Don't know as to where we'll end up finishing.Eg)Suppose we end up with 4 medals but say 2 of them are Gold, so all of a sudden it turns out to be our best Olympics performance.(I know at this stage this beyond optimistic but still one can never say never until it's over).So,i would suggest all the detailing(like age, experience,learning,future medal Hopes, positive performances,negative performances,possible improvement etc) would be more easier  once we are done with the Olympics.
    Nagendrathebeautifulgame
    ;Bad ...

I already have plan to analyse our Rio performances.. but lazy to start with.. As you said, will do it after Rio Olympics...
    Bad