India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• @munna219777 How can you influence selectors in shooting? I thought the players qualify on merit by participating in various championships and achieving the standard qualifying mark set by ISSF. And if they qualify in multiple events, whats wrong with that?
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    http://www.news18.com/news/other-sports/sanjeev-rajput-exclusion-from-rio-olympic-shooting-team-unfair-1218712.html

@sanvedjadhav ; It is not that straightforward that who will win qualification quota. Aim of the country should be that how we can maximise our chance to win medal, not how we can go to Rio? Lot of politics to grab funds for foreign training and lot of lobbying to send their man to get Qualification is behind the scenes at NRAI. This article is just a tip of an iceberg. It is a joke that Narang is participating in 3 events-something which even better shooters then him will avoid.
    sanvedjadhav
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6770 Points
    ;munna219777... 

"It requires tremendous physical as well as mental fitness and agility. It is no more an old and fat man game"

Mental fitness & agility is required.... Also it's not a fat man game....

But , Is tremendous physical and age is required in shooting??  As far as I know, only few or handful of events in shooting required physical fitness... definitely age is not a factor for any of the shooting event....

Just FYI... I have handled pistol and rifle :) :wink: 

guys,....

Lalita Babar qualified for final in 3000m steeplechase with National record... and as per wiki, she is 7th fastest time in heats/qualifiers...

as I said earlier, we need to face tough Bahrain opponents along with Kenyan/Ethiopian/German athletes... good that Russian athletes are not part of athletics... she has best chance to finish in Top 6-8...
    munna219777
    Nirmala Sheoran (400 m) & Sudha Singh (3000m steeplechase) failed to qualify from heats
  • arunskumararunskumar Kerala339 Points
    Lalitha qualified even when she fell in hurdles,gud run!
    Nagendranamewtheldmunna219777
    Mairaj Ahmad Khan, Men’s Skeet : His scores are good and has best chance to qualify for final... 7th or 8th position will be heart-break for us as only top 6 will qualify for final..
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    edited August 2016
    Just to update the details,Lalita Babar has smashed the National Record by 8 sec,her personal best obviously.(Great Achievement)

Regarding Shooting,                                     Mairaj's event-Top 6 qualify,4 Shooters have qualified already, next 6 Shooters are tied on same score(Mairaj is one of them). Next 2 places will be decided by a shoot off ,so whoever misses will be out.

Gurpreet finished 7th,top 6 qualified. Again poor 3 Rd round yesterday got him.Another close shave.
    Carbon_14munna219777
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Same old story.Mairaj also lost.So near,yet so far.I have lost count.
    munna219777
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30184 Points
    India women's hockey team out of Rio Olympics after losing 0-5 to Argentina.