India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• BadBad 5146 Points
    Ya,i feel it'll make more sense if we do it once the Olympics are completed.
    Nagendra
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6769 Points
    edited August 2016
    Today is my second best day in this year.....

1. Nadal won gold medal.. One of the best player, person & very humble...

2. Messi reversed his decision from International football... He is best player for both Barcelona & Argentina..

Congrats to Nadal and Wishing all the best to Messi...
    AshishKaulBadnamewtheld
    My best day in this year will be winning gold medal in Rio Olympics..

Definitely want to listen National Anthem during medal ceremony.......Only possibility is by winning Gold...
    ;Bad 

I take my words back... will be sharing performance details as soon as India win a medal ...

So that IFN guys can understand how tough it is to win a medal in Olympics...  waiting for best moment... gold medal will be best... but will start as soon as we win a medal ( any color )
    Bad
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Let's see if we are able to win a Gold or not and if yes then how many.
  • karenesudhakar2050karenesudhakar2050 Hyderabad 1504 Points
    Bad , nagendra sreejesh  from past four years he is only goal keeper played for national team  no  other goal keeper got chances except 3 to 4 matches then how can you tell he is best goal keeper presently available. Yes  we should see sreejesh performance in two halfs up to champions trophy from past  5 to 6 months he is making very silly mistakes  but he is also saving some extraordinary goal scoring chances :#  
    Bad
    ;karenesudhakar2050  ...

brother I do watch other tournaments of hockey... not only national team games ... 

Please don't think otherwise...

U might have watched Hockey league, National games and/or other national or international hockey tournaments/cups...

can you please rate them based on the performance and provide the list.... 

my opinion is not just based on one game or Rio Olympics... I still stick with my point he is best available goal keeper... 

you may ask why can't federation pick some 22 or 24 old best goal keeper from HIL for Olympics.. but do you think is it worth to take risk for big events.. ??
    munna219777
  • BadBad 5146 Points
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    edited August 2016
    Karenesudhakar, the observation which you have made regarding is very minute and very correct that no Goal Keepers have been given more than 3-4 match's.(You are correct).

To test out other keepers,Sreejesh was rested for Azlan Shah where Akash Chitke and Harjot were played but they were so poor that it was evident that they will not be able to Challenge Sreejesh in any way thus didn't make the cut.

Sreejesh has been a very good and consistent for us.However,lately he has let in some soft goals.I just hope it's a case of a passing shower for him rather than permanent rain.He is the best we have currently.
    Nagendramunna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Sreejesh has always let in late late soft goals in last minute or so. It is debatable whether that was due to defenders panicking or his mental toughness. There was one component Penalty Stroke shootout but unfortunately that has been removed now. That was a real test of Hockey Goalkeeper character. We now face formidable Belgium in QF and most probably Australia in SemiFinals. Our lackdaisal effort against Canada and that mistake of Uthappa has cost us dearly in this tournament.

@Nagendra Shooting has evolved as a sport over last 2 decades. It requires tremendous physical as well as mental fitness and agility. It is no more an old and fat man game. Even Golf has evolved. Gagan Narang influenced selectors to participate in 3 events and that is telling now.