India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    Sorry @munna219777 missed the question. Anyway to be honest I am not very well aware about the drug. Only knew that it was introduced to be used as an anti ischaemic drug ( prevention of heart attack in simple words ). But still very much limited use. I never used it and have not seen anyone to prescribe.
    After reading few articles about the drug here is the summary : the drug acts by a mechanism which decreases oxygen use by our body cells. And also use far less energy when burning the fuel for body , that is glucose. And now this spare oxygen can help you immensely when you are doing exercises. Will increase your exercise tolerance to a limit that can be used by the athletes to boost their performance. 
    About availability I don't think it is readily available in India. I have not seen. Also please keep in mind that Meldonium probably isn't US FDA approved ( I am not sure , but most probably ). 
    munna219777
  • karenesudhakar2050karenesudhakar2050 Hyderabad 1504 Points
    devendrosingh,shivathapa, marykom reached semifinal 
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Day 6 Semi-Finals schedule. 31st March 2016

Men's Light Fly (46-49kg) LADON Rogen PHI   vs  LAISHRAM Devendro Singh (4) IND

Men's Bantam (56kg) THAPA Shiva IND  vs  YERALIYEV Kairat  KAZ

Women's Fly (48-51kg) HMANGTE Mery Kom IND vs REN Cancan CHN

Our 3 hopes for Olympic Qualification. Even if they lose in Semi-Finals, they will need to win the 3rd and 4th bout. I am surprised that how competitive and difficult it is now to qualify for Olympics. It is easier to win Gold Medal in Asian Games, Commonwealth Games then to qualify for Olympics.

Nagendra
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Munna,Mary Kom will need to beat Ren CanCan as only top 2 in Women's Category get the quota place for Olympics.
    munna219777
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    @munna21977 I was also hearing about Meldonium for the first time from the Sharapova incident. It's definitely not in use in India. 
    munna219777footydip
    edited March 2016
    shiva thapa become first indian boxer to qualify for 2016 rio olympics, eagierly waiting for next two bouts for marykom, devendor
    munna219777
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Mary Kom fails to qualify from this event.Devendro lost his match/bout but can still qualify if he beats the other losing semi-finalist. However,Mary Kom will need to reach at ATLEAST the semi-finals of World Championship of Boxing Championship which will be held in May.
    She can certainly make Semi-finals of World Championship do let's hope for the best.
    munna219777

Shiva qualifies for Rio Games, heartbreak for Mary Kom , devendro will play for 3rd place match tommorow aginst third seeded mongolian hope he qualifies for olympics

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/boxing/Shiva-qualifies-for-Rio-Games-heartbreak-for-Mary-Kom/articleshow/51630477.cms

munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Any update on Devendro Singh Bout?
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Devendro lost his bout.Will have to wait for an open tournament which I think is scheduled for June.