India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• BadBad 5141 Points
    Guys,regarding the medal chances this should be in my opinion the best ever Olympics.So far quality wise our best Olympics was 2008 where we won 1 Gold and 2 Bronze.Number wise our best Olympics was in 2012 where we won 2 Silver and 4 bronzes.
    This ,in my opinion should be the best ever Olympics both number wise as well as quality wise.Quality wise it should most definitely be our best Olympics:

Our Medal Sports:-

1)Wrestling:-I am expecting 2-3 Medals.We can win 2 golds in my opinion(Yogesh and Sushi)l.If we win 2 golds it will be best ever Olympics by the virtue of wrestling only.

2)Shooting:-Again 2-3 Medals.Anyone who makes the final can win it.We have 12 events so we can win 2-3 medals.Quality of medal is very hard to predict.

3)Badminton-1 medal realistically.Women's Singles.

4)Boxing-Still hopeful of a medal or two.I still feel Mary Kom can win us a medal.Even though Mary hasn't qualified yet but as i have said earlier in women's category if you manage to qualify you have great chance to earn a medal as there are just 12 boxers per category and 4 get medals.In order to qualify for Olympics Mary will need to reach atleast semi-finals of World Championships which in my opinion she can easily do as her two biggest rivals Ren Cancan and Nicola Adams have made the olympics through regional Competitions.So if she makes it she definitely can win us a medal as Olympics as she is number 3 boxer in her category according to me so she can easily finish in top 4 at Olympics.In men's section Shiva,Vikas and Devendro will be best bets.So far only Shiva has qualified but 3-4 of our boxers can definitely qualify including Vikas and Devendro.

The above mentioned Sports gave us medals in previous olympics and i am again hoping of same performance from these sports(6-8 Medals)However quality of medals should definitely be better.

Now,Outside Medal Prospects(Darkhorses):

1)Men's Hockey:Decent chance if quarter final format is followed.

2)Lawn Tennis:-Medal chance in both Mixed doubles and Men's Doubles.

3)Archery-Women's team event is a genuine possibilty in my opinion.

So, in my opinion we can  genuinely win 8-10 medals with 2-3 gold.

Nagendramunna219777reddevil87namewtheldkartik91shibier
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6520 Points
    @ Bad... 

very optimistic.. and nice details as well..

I too have a feeling and hope that... we will get atleast 6 medals... but winning 2-3 gold is not easy in olympics.. people will give their best in olympics..

winning 1 gold is good , 2 golds is an achievement and 3 will be a big surprise ..

as u said, mostly we have chances of winning gold in either wrestling or shooting..
    munna219777
    off topic...

I don't  know why people hide their names... I feel sad to call people like bad... 

If someone wanted to hide their name and identity, please use pet/nickname.. or atleast use beloved person or team..
    but not album names, movie names and adjectives/verbs..

In worst case, we can use profile name like namewtheld .... 
    shibier
  • munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    What is fitness of Sushil Kumar lately? I understand that his qualification slot is achieved by Narsingh Yadav. When was the last time Sushil Kumar won medal at major international event?
    Commonwealth Games is a sissy event as far as Wrestling is concerned.
    By Contrast Yogeswar Dutt is in form and competing and winning everywhere.
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Nagendra, it was not like I was hiding my name or something. When I was registering, I entered my real name but it was not registering it with my real name.So,I generally said like this is "bad" so I entered that name.My real name is Hemant.
    munna219777Nagendranamewtheldkartik91shibiersparta
    thanks Hemant for the details..

I came across this situation multiple times.. so by mistake... I though the same about you... sorry about that...
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    @Bad too much hopeful with boxing mate. We do have outside chance but not much improvement from the boxers this time. So expect max 1 bronze (Mary Kom, if she qualifies). Women Archery is always a medal hopeful year after year, but never able to win it. This time too it will be going the same route. The team gets intimidated by the occasion I feel. And a day off in office can knock them out. 
  • munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    @Bad For Men's Qualification in Boxing, which event is there now? For MaryCom, I understand that there is AIBA womens World Boxing Championship at Astana, Kazakhstan from 19th May. As it is World Championship, again Nicola Adams and Can Can will come and participate? What is the qualification criteria here?
    kuldeep007
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    I"ll get back to you guys(Munna,Red and Nagendra) as it will require detailing.Currently,another amazing news is coming in"Dipa Karmarkar ( Women's Gymnastics) has qualified for Rio Olympics. Watch out for her.
    Nagendrareddevil87munna219777
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    edited April 2016
    Produnova vault. The more  I read about it, the prouder I am of Dipa Karmakar. Way to go girl!
    munna219777