India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    That is a real shame. Only one qualified then Shiva Thapa.
    Open World Tournaments will be dominated by Boxers from Professional Circuit and it will be impossible to qualify there.
    Our Boxing federations have been fighting within themselves and this is the result. Earlier Boxers were sent to Cuba for intense training, this year it didnt happen. This is the result. Worst performance by India in Boxing over last 15-16 years I guess.
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Let's see.There are many other regional tournaments left and few for professional boxers as well.I think we can still do okay.
    munna219777
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Guys,I have learnt that Hockey Tournament for Rio Olympics is different. Instead of top 2 teams from each pool qualifying for medal rounds,this time top 4 teams from each pool will qualify for quarters and Semi-finalist will decided from the winners of quarters. This basically means 8 teams will be fighting for medals instead of 4.This will be the same format as was in Champions Trophy, HWL etc.However,I am not 100% sure whether this is being implemented.Can someone plz confirm it as to which format will be used.The format which involves 4 teams for medals(used uptil now) or format which involves 8 teams(used in HWL,Champions Trophy etc) 

8 teams will give India a genuine chance for a medal.
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    Indian Olympic Association has given this company Fanatic Sports the contractor for all Olympic Tickets from India. Mr Roongta and Mr Raghav. They are based in Kolkata and Mumbai. Anyone knows about them? IPL or ISL connection?
    http://www.fanaticsports.in/meet-the-fanatics/

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    they want india in top 8,just like cricket  they need our support for hockey to survive
    munna219777
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    USA INDIA,no body cares for others.If they Really wanted than they would have done after India failed to qualify for 2008 Olympics.Indian Hockey has grown only in last yr or so,for last 15 yrs or so it really had not done much good.So,They aren't doing it to benefit Indian Hockey.The sole purpose of Astro turf was to damage India's domination.They are doing it for Viewership and Sponsors.Indian Hockey Board unlike BCCI isn't as big a player when it comes to Hockey.Its prestige is increasing but still European boards are dominating. Indian Hockey has improved due to its players,its board and it's fan support and nothing else.However,an Olympic medal will be perfect reward for everybody's hard work and only after the Medal the revival of Indian Hockey will be completed.
    munna219777kartik91
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Guys,India has earned 2 more quota s in Table Tennis.One in Men's singles and one in Women's Singles.
    munna219777BrainFallINDIAkartik91
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited April 2016
    Guys,India has earned 2 more quotas in Table Tennis,Again in Men's and Women Singles.This takes our tally to 74 athletes across 7 sports.Breakdown is as follows:-         1)Hockey-32
    2)Athletics-18
    3)Shooting-12
    4)Table tennis-4
    5)Archery-4
     6)Wrestling-3
    7)Boxing-1

With Wrestling,Rowing,Badminton qualification events and deadlines approaching we can expect close to 85-90 athletes by the time these events are over. My opinion, 1)4-5 in Wrestling,7 in Badminton but I am not aware about Rowing.Let's see .
    munna219777BrainFallINDIANagendrareddevil87
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    The size of Indian contingent is very similar to 2012 Olympics. But expecting few more medals than 2012 this time.
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    85-90 athletes, I said with regards to upcoming events( Events which will take place in a fortnight or so).There will be some miscellaneous events in late may,june,july etc where we will have a quota or two.Like Archery Men's team,Boxing Qualifiers,Lawn Tennis cutoff dates,so in my opinion we should be crossing the 100 mark this team.