India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• BadBad 5141 Points
    edited August 2016
    India had a mediocre time in 4*400 m men's event Nothing,too shabby nothing too special.It was around 3:02:26 but later got disqualified. They wouldn't have made the Final anyway with this time.Possible lane infringement but nothing confirmed.

Aditi Had a Howler Round 3 and as Nagendra said is out of the Medal Chance.

This leaves us with perhaps our only Medal Hope left and perhaps the best one in Yogheshwar Dutt who will compete on the Final Day of the competition I.e 21st August.
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6501 Points
    ;Bad ..

U should have given example of some other Indian Wrestler instead of Abhinav Bindra...

First you have started comparing Wrestling and Shooting... I just continued it & have already mentioned the same in my comment.. please check... :) :wink: 

Aware that Japan is dominant in Wrestling.... But we are also good.. On top of it, I don't know any Indian Wrestler who played in 3 different Olympics.... So, I compared with Japan..

As you said, I will start comparing Michael Phelps with Indian Swimmers once we are good.. For that, Indian Swimmer need to win 10 Olympic medals...

As I already committed, doesn't wanted to discuss on Narsingh vs Sushil... 

When did I compared Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps.... Once again, please go through all my comments....Also kindly revisit your comments as well and let me know who is passing on allegations and/or pin-pointing...
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Nagendra,the reason why I gave Abhinav's example was because he is the only Indian who has Earned Gold in an Individual event.The emphasis was,not of Shooting and Wrestling instead the emphasis was even the only Indian who has earned the  Gold Medal in an Individual event has earned only 1 Medal in 5 attempts.So,there is no guarantee that more Olympics necessarily means more medals.That was the emphasis,Not the sport.

Secondly,you hit the nail on the head this time.As you rightly said that you will compare Michael Phelps with Indian swimmer's only when any Indian swimner Wins atleast 10 Medals.Bro,that's exactly what my point was,how can you compare Narsingh who has 0 medals with Sushil who has 2 medals.For a comparison, Narsingh will atleast have to win 1 Medal.Thus,as of now there is no Comparison.

As you said,you don't know any Indian Wrestler who has Competed in 3 Olympics.I'll help you out by giving the name of Yogeshwar Dutt.He has already Competed in 3 Olympics.This Olympics will be his 4th,so you have an Indian Wrestler to compare SUSHIL with.Now, you won't have to compare SUSHIL with any outsider's.

Next,i know you haven't compared Phelps and Bolt.What I meant was,the comparison which you made between Dhyan Chandji and Sushil Kumar was like Phelps and Bolt as both the Sports are Different.Hockey with Wrestling,similarily Swimming with Athletics.Moreover, Hockey and Wrestling are different as one is an Individual sport where other is a Team Sport.

Moreover,i have never said Sushil is the best ever Olympian India has produced.I have always said it's debatable.I have mentioned people like Dhyan Chandji, Abhinav Bindra and others Specially Hockey Players when it comes to Best Ever.I have shared these names when Mary Kom failed to make the Cut for Rio Olympics.As it was prior to this Olympics, i said Mary Kom is the perhaps the best Indian Female Athlete India had produced as she had Maximum World Titles,in addition to Bronze whereas no Indian women prior to these Olympics had as much Multiple Medals in addition to Bronze Medals.
    There,somebody said what about Mary being the best ever Indian Athlete let alone best ever female Indian Athlete. There,i have mentioned it is big debate as people like Dhyan Chandji,Abhinav,Sushil can also come in.Please check it and update yourself.

Moreover,I have said Sushil is the only Indian Athlete who has more than one medal and is only Indian to achieve it in Back to back Olympics in Individual event and not a team event.Its a FACT,what is there to debate.

Also,If Yogeshwar wins a Gold this timewhich will will take his Tally to 1 Gold and 1 bronze whereas Sushil will have 1 Silver and 1 Bronze.So,i will say, Yogeshwar's Achievement are better then that of Sushil's.I will not say that Yogeshwar has participated in 4 Olympics whereas Sushil has participated in 3.After all Its not Yogeshwar's fault if he has participated in more Olympics.

• BadBad 5141 Points
    Guys,as Olympics are coming to an end,i suggest we do a brief analysis in terms of Positives and Negatives w.r.t Sports/Athletes.

We can also discuss the Sports/Events where we are likely improve/slide down for 2020 Olympics.Also,possible new Sports where we can qualify and improve our participation for 2020 Olympics.

We can also discuss,our expected Athlete Participation numbers and possible Medal Tally briefly.

We can share as to when the events for Olympics Qualification Will start be starting(The earliest one's).
    Like for Hockey,Asian Games 2018 will be an event from where Hockey Team can qualify.Similarily for other Sports as well.

Kindly share your feedback.
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6501 Points
    ;Bad ..

nice discussion and nothing personal..

regarding analysis... I will start with preparation for 2020 Olympics.. later on, will share Rio performance analysis...
    Bad
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Nagendra,its okay brother. :)

Sure bro,i'll join in with analysis of Rio and preparation for Tokyo.
    Nagendramunna219777karenesudhakar2050
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29669 Points
    Amul pays its tribute to P.V. Sindhu

munna219777namewtheldreddevil87atuljgNagendraAshishKaul
  • munna219777munna219777 28514 Points

India schedule on 20th August

Golf

Women's individual final round. Aditi Ashok will be seen in action from 3.30 p.m.

NagendraBad
  • munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    Neymar did it for Brazil. Gold Medal!!!
    NagendraBad