India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• debarghya89debarghya89 7328 Points
    Youngest Indian ever to win an individual medal at the Olympics
    samnamewtheldsanvedjadhavNagendrakartik91reddevil87Bad
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7390 Points
    Brilliant effort . God bless her
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Saina Nehwal was with him in 2012 olympic but now she changed her coach ..
    karenesudhakar2050
  • samsam 16526 Points
    in 2020 India will get a Gold in Badminton. I'm not saying this. Trend analysis based on last 2 Olympics says this.  :p
    Nagendrakartik91Bad
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6771 Points
    Congrats to Sindhu & Gopichand...
    munna219777Bad
    ;Bad 

brother.... common man.... chill.... please don't take word biased as personal... 

from past 9-10 months, I'm commenting/contributing in this section, never pointed out anyone or passed allegations based on my assumptions/perspective...

I just said once and you are keep on repeating the word biased... Sorry if it really hurts you... My intention is not call someone as biased.... To be frank, most of us will be biased in some situations... nothing is sin in that... I'm no exception here...

munna219777Bad
    @  Bad 

I feel that I respect everyone's perception..... If discussion is always Yes and Like.... Then this is my last comment on this topic "Narsingh vs Sushil" and don't wanted to extend this as the discussion started b/w you & 
    munna219777  ....

Regarding comparison, Sachin vs Kohli...

It's like saying, Sachin scored 100 tons where as Kohli not even scored 50 centuries... now.. Sachin deserved place in national team than Kohli....

Also why will I hate or pass critics on Sushil unnecessarily.... He has won 2 individual medals and no Indian (except Anglo Indian) achieved this feat in individual event in Olympics... He is one of my favorite and I started following Wrestling just because of him...

Initially, I even felt that their should be a decider (match) b/w Narsingh & Sushil... But, after knowing that Sushil is not competed in any of the international competitions after 2014 commonwealth games, I thought it is unfair for Narsingh...
    Also on top of it, Narsingh won us the quota...

I like Sachin,Sushil, Michael Phelps, Usain Bolt... That does mean, we need to select a athlete based on his/her past laurels/achievement... We can like the persons who achieved a lot and who brought pride & laurels to our country... But while selecting players for international competitions, we should treat 20 year old/25 year old/30 year old in same way or to be precise we should treat the person who won 5 medals in Olympics or the one who won nothing in Olympics alike..

I know it is SPECULATION. But no one can predict future, after-all he is best available Wrestler in 74kg category and doing best over the last few years... Who knows, he might have won Gold medal in Rio...  I agree, there is no guarantee that more Olympics mean more medals... But first we need to give chance to competitor... Please check below facts

Sushil : 3 Olympics, 2 medals (1 Silver & 1 Gold)
    Saori Yoshida : 4 Olympics, 4 medals ( 3 Gold & 1 silver)

Cannot compare Wrestling and Hockey. But including these stats as you have brought Shooting into this discussion

Abhinav Bindra : 5 Olympics, 1 Gold medal
    Dhyan Chand : 3 Olympics, 3 gold medals
    Udham Singh : 4 Olympics, 4 medals ( 3 gold & 1 silver)

Also kindly don't use the word dope ( or dope accused) multiple times... Everyone knows that something fussy happened and he is a scapegoat for that...

Last but least, even I'm not happy that we lost/wasted a chance.... If I'm the selector, then my obvious choice would be best available Wrestler.. In this case, it is Narsingh... If it not worked due to uncertainties , will go for second best Wrestler in that category & will consider current form and not the Olympic medals...

People ask for trails when there is no option.... Sushil at max can ask for trail as the quota is earned by Narsingh.... Asking for trail/decider is ok for any athlete/Wrestler... But Sushil went to court and did lot of damage before Olympics...

Please feel free to dislike or disagree/counter my comment...
    munna219777
    Women's 4 × 400 m relay :

We finished in 7 th place. one place ahead of Cuba... start is not good... I guess Ashwini Akkunji started..
    munna219777Bad