India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6482 Points
    ;thebeautifulgame

Along with overview of Rio Olympics 2016, better if you can suffix Roadmap to 2020 Tokyo Olympics
    Bad
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Guys,i have one suggestion to make I.e please make the Thread and start the Analysis as soon as possible because currently the memories of every Performance is fresh,so it will be slightly easy to analyse.The more time we take the more we'll forget,So the Analysis will be slightly more difficult to do.
    Nagendra
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29637 Points
    @Bad: Just give me two/three hours and I will make the thread.
    @Nagendra: I had thought that this thread would be solely an analysis of the performance of Rio...of course, it would include suggestions for the 2020 Olympics...a new thread like this one, which was originally named 'Road to Rio 2016' could be started after a year or two when we have more concrete plans and things fall into shape...but OK, if you want, the Roadmap to Tokyo Olympics can be suffixed in the new thread. 
    Nagendra
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    I feel two threads will do.This can be used to analyse Rio.

Another thread can be Roadmap to Tokyo which can be later changed to Road to Tokyo.

This thread can be used to highlight the upcoming Athletes,one's to watch out for Tokyo 2020 and will cover News related to them.Also,this can cover Events where we can expect better performance.

Every thing related to Expections can be shared and once the Qualification Events start we can cover them as well.
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited August 2016
    I would suggest only one thread of Roadmap to Tokyo. As there is lot of time, this will include mistakes in Rio 2016, targets of 2018 Asian Games, 2018 Commonwealth Games also. Again I am speaking my mind but as this is primarily Football Forum, I dont know how people will take to multiple discussion threads of Non-Football? Many people come on IFN for only Football and no other sport.
    1)We have one thread of Other Sports.
    2)Roadmap to Tokyo can be other thread.
    3) This current thread can be used for more analysis.

Do we want more?

@namewtheld ;;; can give us his final take on this.
    sanvedjadhav
    Sorry for my delay, the thread will be ready in an hour. I personally agree with @Bad that this thread which I have named 'India at Rio 2016: A Retrospective' could be used more for an analysis/overview of the recently concluded Olympics, although it would offer suggestions for the Tokyo Olympics. But then again, as munna says, too many threads on Olympics might not be feasible on the Forum. Anyway, I would start the thread with the above-mentioned name although I would specify that it would include a roadmap for the Tokyo Olympics 2020. Tell me if you have any suggestions.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    I agree with  Munna here. This thread for analysis, one extra thread for Tokyo planning should suffice. Also, you can write blog post on IFN Blog on Rio analysis.
    munna219777sanvedjadhav
    A bit confused here. The thread I was about to make focussed primarily on analyses of the Rio performance. If that is included in this thread, then I guess I don't need to make it; I think someone else can make the Roadmap to Tokyo thread.
    OK, I will make the thread 'India at Tokyo 2020: a Roadmap' shortly.