India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Good Brave Decision. Old unfit players just use their influence to get backdoor entry and block junior players who follow all the rules. This should be a lesson to all senior players that current form, selection on merit matters. Just creating hype on past performance will not lead them anywhere. We have already seen this with MaryKom this year. She failed in multiple Qualifying events.
    sanvedjadhav
  • souravindiasouravindia 3663 Points

Just wondering about the rule-- at any category only 1 person from that country will be able to participate.. thing is, the most important event for a sport like wrestling is the Olympics, and that just brings down the probability of an aspiring participant to such a low probability that people will shy away from such sports. I am not much of a fan of this rule, but considering the mass volume of this event(Olympics), it is probably one of the wisest thing to do.

munna219777
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    politics already play in mens doubles,i guess rohan wants to partner sania in mixed  doubles. 
    munna219777
    Rohan Bopanna is supposed to choose Men's Doubles partner. But he cannot choose Sania. It is Sania Mirza who will decide her partner for Mixed Doubles. Then there is Mahesh Bhupathi who will decide from outside as Bopanna will listen to him. In 2012 Olympics, Bhupathi and Sania won French Open yet she was forced to take Paes as partner and they lost then.
    In recent Davis Cup tie, Leander -Bopanna didnt perform well.
    Ideally Bopanna can take Saketh Myneni and Let Mirza take Leander Paes.
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30182 Points
    @munna219777: "Let Mirza take Leander Paes"--This line of yours had me in splits. No fault of yours, but my English literature-saturated, impish sense of humour always cottons on to such (unintentional) double-meaning words in this rather crude manner. I thought Mirza was already taken by Shoaib Mallik. :D
    To compensate for this, here is an article on an South African community who are India's hope for an Olympic medal in track and field but are treated as outsiders in the country they have made their own: 
    https://www.101india.com/people/siddis-it-long-run
    BrainFallINDIAmunna219777kartik91
    i think i put the  article about the same group before
    I believe we should plaster this article on fB,twitter,give these guys anything they want .we may get some medals
    Yeah Siddi community was discussed a lot in this forum with many articles. Noce to see that efforts are made to again promote them. The Olympic Quest for Gold Special Area Games by SAI was effort of Rajiv Gandhi as PM. He was earlier involved in 1982 Asian Games. Besides Siddis, other communities like Bhil Tribals from Rajasthan were selected for Archery or Cyclists from Andaman and Nicobar Islands. After his death, this scheme was scuttled in 1993 I think. Interesting article from 1988.
    http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/special-areas-games-programme-launched-to-groom-sports-talent/1/329380.html

Avtar qualifies

New Delhi: India’s top judoka Avtar Singh has qualified for the Rio Olympic Games in under 90kg-weight category, the national federation said on Saturday. As per the list released by the International Judo Federation, Avtar has qualified for the Rio Olympics under the continental quota.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1160605/jsp/sports/story_89484.jsp#.V1c8G5HR_IU

reddevil87deepuNagendrakartik91
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Guys,Hockey Champions Trophy is starting from 10 th June.India has picked an average squad in order to try and rest some players as they did in Azlan Shah but competition here is stronger so this tournament will be more challenging.

India is likely to play around 10-12 friendly matches before the Olympics start.

So,i am sharing the best possible Hockey in my opinion for the Olympics as you guys had asked me to do so.

Goalkeepers:-Sreejesh,any keeper other than Harjot and Akash Chitke.

Defenders:-Rupinder,Raghunath,Jasjit,
    Harmanpreet/Gurbaj

Midfielders:-Sardara,Manpreet,Kothajit,
    Chinglensa, Birender
    (if fit) 

Forwards:Akash,Ramandeep,Dharamvir, Sunil,Lalit/Nikkin
    NagendraBrainFallINDIAreddevil87munna219777kartik91