India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Saketh Myneni chosen by Rohan Bopanna. That is one Olympic medal flushed down the toilet due to ego and personal inequations
  • karenesudhakar2050karenesudhakar2050 Hyderabad 1504 Points
    rohan bopanna has choosen saketh myneni as rio olympics partners. according to some sources sania mirza has also choosen rohan as partner . this will be big blow for leander if federation has also choosen accepted rohan request

http://www.firstpost.com/sports/rohan-bopanna-picks-saketh-myneni-not-leander-paes-as-partner-for-rio-olympics-reports-2826788.html

• munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Leander Paes and Ramesh Krishnan came very close to winning Bronze Medal in Doubles in 1992 Barcelona Olympics. Can you imagine- with Ramesh Krishnan.
    Leander won Bronze in Singles in 1996 Atlanta Olympics.
    After that, it is all ego and fights. 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012 Olympics all went into drain due to Leander and Mahesh fights. Somehow Leander is not popular with his Indian teammates. Even sons of Vijay and Anand Amritraj, when they were in Indian team setup opposed Leander. Sania Mirza was not happy with Leander for 2012 olympics.
    Leander is very popular with Foreign partners and unpopular with Indian players. Indian players complain that Leander leaves them in lurch and their Professional circuit career suffers. Close proximity with Khanna faction of Tennis Association and Leander and his father interference in Davis Cup Team selection has also alienated Indian players.
    Indian players think that Leander uses them like Disposable napkin. Dumps them easily.
    If Leander did not get medal with Indian partners in 2000, 2004, 2008  , it will be futile to expect any medal from him now. Camaraderie is required for Olympics.
    Leander has partnered with the likes of Zeeshan Ali, BFC guy Mustafa Ghouse  to the kids like Vishnu Vardhan, Sanam Singh who were toddlers when he was playing Davis Cup from India. He is from the generation of Tendulkar, Dhanraj Pillay when they started playing for India in their respective fields.
    Adios Leander!!!! Thanks and Salute for all the memories.
    reddevil87
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    egos by rohan
    if doesnt win medal everyone will remember  him
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Bro,Leander is egoist and others are saints!!!Are u kidding me?                     What has Rohan achieved in comparison to Leander?For that matter Rohan, Mahesh, Sania combined also don't come close to Leander's Achievement,Yet Rohan  has the audacity to not choose Leander.You are forgetting that in 2012 also Leander Chose Rohan but Rohan decided to partner  Mahesh.It was not Leander's ego.It was Rohan's ego.
    It is a Golden Rule ,"You can't clap with a single hand".If Rohan was so lovable then why doesn't Sania partner him permanently on the Tennis circuit instead of Dodig and others.Everybody looks for the most suitable partner according to them.So,if Leander did the same what's wrong with it?

Now,if Rohan would have stayed on 11th rank then,only Rohan and Leander's combined ranking would have made an Indian participation possible,then what Rohan would have done?All the commradrie would have gone out of the window and who's egos would have been set aside.

Also,Right to Choose a partner shouldn't mean you have the right to choose your brother.There is absolutely no comparison between Saketh and Leander.A difference of 18-20 is acceptable but this difference is huge and it not a local tournament,it is Olympics and you are representing your country and not a club.I feel Tennis Federation shd look into this matter and Leander shd definitely be selected.

Dhoni didn't like Sehwag but still Sehwag played sufficient cricket because playing Sehwag was in India's interest.
    sanvedjadhav
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    India takes in Germany in Men's Championship trophy,a dress rehearsal before Olympics.Even though this is not our full strength team,i feel we can get a win( highly optimistic but still I hope)
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited June 2016
    @Bad I am not saying anything to Leander. I am just saying what some other Indian players have said about him. You tell me one thing- how many Indian Tennis Players are on the side of Leander and how many at the side of Mahesh ??? There must be some problem. Even Prakash and Stephen Amritraj had problems with Leander.
    Old article but it will give a long list of players who dont like Leander.
    http://www.sportstaronnet.com/tss3110/stories/20080308503203100.htm

Leander was pro-establishment Khanna Lobby person and always had his say in Davis Cup Selection. There is a long list of players, coaches, managers who were rubbed the wrong way by Leander, his father and his hold over Khannas.
    http://www.rediff.com/news/2000/may/10paes.htm
    http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report-leander-paes-mahesh-bhupathi-point-of-no-return-1706020

• BadBad 5146 Points
    Munna(bro) am not saying anything to you,neither Leander is giving anything to me,i am just sharing my opinion about Different people.
    Problem doesn't mean everything is wrong,we have problems even in our family.
    What I am trying to say is that,every one had his/her chance to pick partners,everyone did so when they had the chance but Leander has outshined them.There are no parallel's to him in Tennis be it Mahesh or Sania or everybody combined.

Mahesh and Leander(When they had understanding) lost in the 2nd round at 2000 Olympics 
    and( when they didn't had proper understanding came 4th)(lost in semi-finals and bronze medal at 2004 Olympics and reached quarter finals at 2008 Olympics).

Also,Rohan and Mahesh(they selected partner's of their choice that is they selected each other,then also they lost in 2nd round)

So,nothing is certain is what I am trying to say.
    munna219777
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    India(3)-Germany(3)
    Good game.Lol!!! My sneaky feeling almost came true.Still a decent result.
    munna219777