India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6766 Points
    @ 7Negi , This seems to be latest ,,,, but players like Saina Nehwal might have included in Haryana ,,, but her base is Hyderabad and now training in Bangalore..Credit should be given to base and not her place of birth.. In this case, Saina should be counted in Telangana
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Much ado about a useless piece of statistics. It is useful to the point where we analyse the correlation between states' efforts and the output. But more often it becomes a tool for regionalism. For me, the take home point is that when the states do well on HDI indicators and/or proactively support sports development programs they tend to do well in sports. All other finer details are just BS
    sanvedjadhavmunna219777
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6766 Points
    I feel it is more of a good than bad .... People are matured enough and these stats are not base for regionalism 
  • kartik91kartik91 Delhi1139 Points
    I only see oneedal from Yogi (Gold) . Narsingh would have been a good bet if the whole Sushil - Narsingh saga wasn't stretched for so long. He might have conditioned his Body to get ready for the fight, now to de-condition and again get ready in 3 weeks time is going to be a huge challenge.
  • souravindiasouravindia 3663 Points

stats are much needed especially to identify areas in Indian sub-continent where specific disciplines are maturing into greater results. Stats shows us where our thrust should be in future and areas where much needed work is required.

To achieve anything anywhere such type of stats are must.

Nagendra
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Good going guys!!!Please feel free to share to your views w.r.t Wrestling.We will be discussing Wrestling till tomorrow Evening.After that ,we will discuss about Badminton.
    Nagendra
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Hey guys!!! continuing with our buildup!!!
    We were supposed to discuss Badminton today but as Badminton Draw will take place on 26th so feel it will be better if we discuss Badminton on 26th when the Draw is out.

Instead we discuss ARCHERY-My prediction is of 1 medal(Women's Team category).

Individual events can yield us a medal too but better chance will come from Team event.

Just to summarise,i have predicted 7 medals in 3 sports so far with Minimum 2 Golds.

Next we will discuss Lawn Tennis on Sunday(24th) so feel free to contribute about Archery till 24th.
    munna219777
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Shooting and Archery are highly focused events. And with luck on the day of event. We can win many medals in the category. 

Frankly speaking, In archery women team deserve a medal. All eyes would be on  Deepika Kumari  and alongside veteran Bombayla Devi. I believe on her day Deepika can win singles medal too. But I am not sure how is her shoulder injury early this month.
    munna219777namewtheld
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    After all the drama and whatnot, Narsingdi Yadav has failed the dope test. They could have avoided all the ugly situations by testing him 2 months back
    spartaCarbon_14reddevil87
  • karenesudhakar2050karenesudhakar2050 Hyderabad 1504 Points
    what i am hearing from sources is  a strong satpal lobby is working against narshing