India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6766 Points
    Abhinav Bindra is the flag bearer in Rio... 

Seems to be typo error in your comment...  Bindra never been a flag bearer in Olympics... this is the first time... 

Starting from 2000.. below athletes/players are Indian flag bearers in Summer Olympics
    Leander Paes,  Anju B George, Rajyavardhan Singh, Sushil Kumar

munna219777
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    What I suggest ,with regards to sharing possible Medals Tally is that we shd list out the Sports in which we feel that India can atleast have an outside chance of winning a medal and sideline those sports where we can't win a medal.

Next we shd ,depending on the sport either focus/talk about the athlete or the event where we can win a medal or advance to later rounds.

Eg)We don't have an outside chance of winning a medal in Rowing,Table tennis, Judo etc so discussing them at length wouldn't be desirable.

We should focus on Sports from Top to bottom i.e First shd be the Sport where we have the maximum chance of winning medals and so on.
    We can approve it in this way:-(This is an example by me):-
    1)Shooting- (Expected medals-5)   (possible breakdown of medals:-         (Golds-3,Silver-1,Bronze-1)

Athletes to watch out for with regards to their events-eg)Abhinav Bindra(10m Air Rifle),if you are not aware about the event,don't share it(somebody else will share it).

The idea in my view is to build up to the games and once we are done with covering those 8-10 sports which we think can win us medals , Then we summarize our final medal tally.We mention our tally with respect to each sport and at the end of the last sport we share our Medal Tally.

I feel,we all can contribute in the same page,like Nagendra started Athletics,so if we have any point to share, we can do it there only.We shd keep 2 days per discussion on a Sport,then move on next sport.
    If you all agree then First thing first,we all need to create and agree on the list of Sports where we have the maximum chance of winning medals.We will need to agree on this list by today,so we can start 2 day discussion on every Sport from tomorrow.

What say guys,do you agree?

reddevil87kartik91munna219777sparta
  • kartik91kartik91 Delhi1139 Points
    Games in which I believe we have chance of medal. Pls note these are categories and not the actual events.
    1) wrestling
    2) archery
    3) shooting
    4) hockey
    5) boxing
    6) gymnastics( Deepa karmarkar)

Carbon_14Nagendra
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Games in which i believe we have genuine and outside chance(s) of winning medal.Please note ,this is purely my opinion and i am sharing it in a Top Down Manner i.e the sport in which i believe we have chance of winning maximum number of medals is on First/Top Position.

1)SHOOTING
    2)WRESTLING
    3)
    BADMINTON
    4)
    ARCHERY
    5)LAWN TENNIS

6)
    BOXING
    7)GYMNASTICS
    8)HOCKEY
    9)ATHLETICS

These ,according to me are sports ,outside of which we just can't even hope for a medal in our wildest dreams atleast on knowledge.
    Some sports which i have mentioned may also not yield us a medal but still with luck and other bloopers can hand us a chance of a medal or two.

Please feel to add or subtract.If you guys agree with this list,then from tomorrow onwards we can Start our Discussion on SHOOTING.In Shooting, we will start by giving our prediction as how many medals we think we are going to win,then we share the names of the Shooters /Events (in shooting) which we think  have good possibility,because in many events there are 2 shooters,so if we are not sure about shooter who we think can win a medal,in that case we can just mention the event.

What say guys?Kindly share your feedback.
    reddevil87Nagendra
  • harry55harry55 india289 Points
    guys do u think Dipa karmarkar is capable of winning a medal for india...?
    munna219777
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    @Bad and others who follow Olympic sports are invited to write blog posts on IFN. Your comments are very insightful. Through the blogs, you will be much widely read and appreciated. You can use the Submit Article button above or send it in email to [email protected]
    BrainFallINDIAsanvedjadhavreddevil87munna219777kartik91
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    How are the chances in Golf? So many top ranking Golfers are declining to go to Rio 2016 due to Zika Virus scare.
    Medal in Archery is also long overdue now for India at Olympics.
    Old article but it shows some behind the scene politics to exclude Sanjiv Rajput (who won the Olympic Quota)   in favour of Sandhu. I am talking about Shooting Discipline at Rio Olympics.

http://www.news18.com/news/other-sports/sanjeev-rajput-exclusion-from-rio-olympic-shooting-team-unfair-1218712.html

@harry55 ; India is competing at Gymnastics in Olympics after 1964 Olympics where Mens Team was sent. This time we have a lone Female Gymnast.
    Karmakar will participate in Vault event which is dominated by two world class gymnasts  Hong Un-Jong of North Korea and Maria Paseka of Russia.  Lets see what happens when competition comes closer.
  • kartik91kartik91 Delhi1139 Points
    edited July 2016
    Deepa's current highest score would have been enough to win her bronze at London.  She has highest score in the world in the most rare category ,Produnova vault. Only 4 others have even done this vault ever!  She's a real dark horse for us in gymnastics. 
    munna219777sanvedjadhavfootydip