India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• BadBad 5146 Points
    So guys,lets start our buildup with SHOOTING.

MY ESTIMATE IS 4 MEDALS WITH POSSIBILITY OF MINIMUM 1 GOLD,(IT CAN BE 2 GOLDS ALSO)

I seriously think a new Record can be made this time I.e:-

Either two Indians can win medals in the same event in Shooting(event and not sport)(Abhinav and Gagan in 10m Air Rifle and Apurvi Chandela and Ayonika Paul in Women's 10 m Air Rifle)It can happen When Chain Singh and Gagan participate in 50m Rifle events but more likely to happen in 10m Air Rifle(Men/Women)

OR

One Indian can win 2 or more medals in Shooting(Jitu Rai or Gagan Narang can be the one).

These prediction are based on gut feel and sneaky feeling and can completely go wrong but still I would like to go ahead with us getting 4 medals with Minimum 1 Gold(It can be 2 Golds as well)

Events to watch out for-(Main)
    1)10 m Air Rifle( Men/women)
    2)10m Pistol(Men/Women) more for men.
    3)50m pistol(Men)

Other events can be 10m pistol(women), Trap event (Men)

munna219777Nagendrareddevil87footydipkartik91namewtheld
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Gagan Narang has been India's one of the top shooter but at olympics he has been consistently faltering. I dont expect him to shine this olympic too. I have a very huge doubt about his pressure handling capability.
    munna219777
  • kartik91kartik91 Delhi1139 Points
    ...And shooting require you to literally have nerves of steel, so yes I too am highly doubtful about gagan narang
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    I agree guys that it appears that Gagan might be susceptible to Pressure but i have a slightly different view as he still won us a bronze medal at 2012 Olympics.

As I mentioned we can win 4 medals in Shooting whereby we can win minimum 1 Gold and possibly 2.With regards to the Gold(s),I agree with you and feel that Shooters like Jitu,Abhinav have a better chance of winning a GOLD but still Gagan can win us minor medals as he did at 2012 Olympics where he qualified 3rd and finished 3rd ,so it isn't really pressure issue as he maintained his place.
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    We are winning medals in Shooting in last 3 Olympics. Our Shooters are vastly experienced. I dont see any reason why we will not win medals this time in Shooting.
    The real reason why so many Top Golfers are skipping Rio Olympics making an excuse of Zika Virus!!!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/golf/36774868

Golf is a sport where very little Drug Testing is done. While coming to Olympics, rules are equal to everybody for all disciplines. Its not that top golfers take drugs. As the sport is not that where performance enhancing drugs will improve their chances, it is just that regular testing regimen was never there in Golf. Even a cough syrup taken by a golfer might have something  which may ban you at Olympics. Sad thing is that so many Golfers, in order to save their reputation, sponsors are making a false excuse of Zika Virus as they cannot say that they are scared of Drug testing. Ask these same golfers to come for a TV Ad shooting at Rio de Janeiro and they will come with no fear of Zika Virus.

reddevil87thebeautifulgame
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    So,it seems most if the guys tend to agree with me  w.r.t medals in Shooting I.e. 4 medals(1 Gold minimum and a possibility of 2).Guys please feel to share your opinion in case you feel differently. Also,today is the last for Shooting discussion, tomorrow onwards we will be discussing about Wrestling.
    munna219777reddevil87
    Shooting is such a close and unpredictable sporting discipline that we can never say who will win Gold or Silver Medal. Any Top shooter can have a bad miss and any newcomer can have nerve of steel and can shoot to medal glory. The chances of medals is directly proportional to number of shooters qualified. 4 medals will be a very respectable tally for India.
    reddevil87Bad
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    You are true Munna,as Shooting is unpredictable but all this prediction is to be involved.The key prediction here is not of number of Golds or Silver but total number of Medals.
    munna219777
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    So guys,next Sport in line w.r.t our discussion is WRESTLING.

My estimation is 2+1 medals,i.e estimate of 2 but hope of 3.
    So,in short 2 medals with Gold for Yogeshwar .

I am also predicting a medal for Narsingh.I am not sure of Gold for him.

The 3rd medal possibility is that of Vinesh Phogat.She has the skill and capability of winning a medal but is slightly inexperienced at this stage.I will not be surprised if she wins a medal but still I am skeptical.I am in a situation, where you want to see the person (Vinesh) on the mat in her first match and then decide.

Out if the remaining wrestlers,Sandeep Tomar may advance to next round(s) and do well.

So,its 2+1 for me,Yogesh(Gold), Narsingh(Medal),Vinesh(Good chance but not 100 percent).

So,just to summarize,i have predicted 6+1 medals in both Shooting and Wrestling(4 in Shooting and 2+1 in Wrestling )with 2 Golds(1 each in Shooting and Wrestling).
    munna219777Nagendrareddevil87kartik91