Online Chatting

Comments

• spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    Create the JFC thread and I will try to post news regarding it on a regular basis :)
    munna219777
  • AshishKaulAshishKaul Ancient India1127 Points
    3 crore people will benefit from New tax regime.

I wonder if these 3 crore people are different earning individuals, then wouldn't that mean 3 crore families which will mean 12-15 crore people?
    We seriously need football stadium in india. it's no longer pleasing to watch long view.
    edited February 2019
    History is one hell of a subject and shouldn't be read in isolation or based on version of handful of scholars.

Here I found something interesting never taught to us in schools.

The Atlantic Charter was a pivotal policy statement issued during World War II on 14 August 1941 which defined the Allied goals for the post-war world. The leaders of the United Kingdom and the United States drafted the work and all the Allies of World War II later confirmed it. The Charter stated the ideal goals of the war: no territorial aggrandizement; no territorial changes made against the wishes of the people (self-determination); restoration of self-government to those deprived of it; reduction of trade restrictions; global cooperation to secure better economic and social conditions for all; freedom from fear and want; freedom of the seas; and abandonment of the use of force, as well as disarmament of aggressor nations. Adherents of the Atlantic Charter signed the Declaration by United Nations on 1 January 1942, which became the basis for the modern United Nations.
    Bleh! There is more to it  :s
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29716 Points
    "The Charter stated the ideal goals of the war:"

There you have it...when is a war ideal?

Self-contradiction at its very worst!! 
    AshishKaul
    edited February 2019
    Ideal goals for post war world ....
    DomeoSois playing with words  ;)

How the hell someone became DomeoSois?
    What language is this  :s
    https://edition.cnn.com/2019/02/08/football/emiliano-sala-cardiff-nantes-transfer-deal-agents-spt-intl/index.html

As Emiliano Sala's family grieves his transfer provides glimpse into football's 'arms race'

A Facebook photograph shows a black dog sitting in a house, looking toward a clump of trees as the sun starts to set. It's a picture that leaves a sense of a dog waiting patiently for its owner to return.

Called Nala, the rescue Labrador's owner was Argentine footballer Emiliano Sala, who late on Thursday was confirmed dead after he went missing over the English Channel last month when the plane he was traveling in to join his new club Cardiff City disappeared. Sala had recently been sold by French club FC Nantes to the Premier League club.
    The Facebook picture was posted by Sala's sister Romina on February 2 and ever since the footballer went missing, the family had held on to the thinnest of hopes that he had somehow survived.
      And yet, as Sala's family waited for that news -- they told CNN Sport they didn't want to talk at the moment -- Ligue 1 team Nantes has reportedly demanded that English Premier League club Cardiff start paying the $19.3 million transfer fee for the Argentine footballer.
      When asked by CNN if the demand for payment was true, Nantes said that this particular paragraph in a report published by French newspaper France Ouest, was accurate. They did not elaborate when asked by CNN.
      Flowers are laid outside of Nantes39 training complex in memory of Emiliano Sala
      Flowers are laid outside of Nantes' training complex in memory of Emiliano Sala.
      "FC Nantes indeed contacted Cardiff to know what their intentions were, suspecting the Welsh club to save time. Nantes asked two lawyers to study the possible legal recourses to force Cardiff to honor the payment of the Emiliano Sala transfer and it is also considering taking action before FIFA."

FIFA didn't respond to CNN's request for comment.
      Football might be as much about business as it is about sport, but for many in Brittany and the small town of Carquefou near Nantes that the 28-year-old had called home since moving in 2015, as well as for many more back in his native Argentina, Sala is still a friend, a brother and a son.

Gordon Banks, World Cup winner with England in 1966, dies aged 81

Gordon Banks, a World Cup winner with England in 1966 whose diving, twisting save to thwart Pelé in 1970 is lauded as one of the greatest feats of goalkeeping, has died aged 81.

Banks played 73 times for England and won a League Cup winners medal while at Stoke but his playing career was brought to an abrupt end in 1972 when a car accident robbed him of sight in one eye.

Banks of England, as he was popularly know, was widely rated as one of the world’s finest goalkeepers alongside contemporaries Lev Yashin and Dino Zoff.

His gravity-defying denial of the Brazil great Pelé’s lunging header at Mexico 1970 became known as the save of the century, but Banks was absent due to illness in the quarter-final defeat to West Germany.

“As I got to my feet,” Banks later recalled, “Pelé came up to me and patted me on the back. ‘I thought that was a goal,’ he said. ‘You and me both,’ I replied. The TV footage of the game shows me laughing as I turn to take up my position for the corner. I was laughing at what Bobby Moore had just said to me. ‘You’re getting too old Banksy, you used to hold on to them.’ Like hell I did.”

Gordon Banks makes his famous save from Pel at the 1970 World Cup
      While at Stoke, the club he joined from Leicester in 1967, he memorably kept a Wyn Davies header at bay against Manchester City in 1971 and saved his World Cup-winning team-mate Geoff Hurst’s penalty against West Ham in the 1972 League Cup semi-final. Winning against Chelsea in the final at Wembley was “my greatest and proudest moment in club football”.

At the end of that season Banks was named as the football writers’ Footballer of the Year, becoming the first goalkeeper to receive the honour since Manchester City’s Bert Trautmann in 1956.

But his playing career, which started at Chesterfield, was cruelly curtailed just shy of Banks’s 34th birthday. Driving home from the Victoria Ground one Sunday lunchtime after undergoing treatment for an injury sustained the day before at Liverpool, his car ended up in a ditch after colliding with a van. Surgeons could not save the sight in his right eye.

“I wouldn’t say I was bitter because I was to blame for the crash,” he said later. “To begin with, they said there was only a 50-50 chance of going blind in the one eye, so I was quite optimistic. But I remember being at home and not being able to pick up the shadow of people walking past the window. It was a bad sign.”

After stints in the United States for the Fort Lauderdale Strikers in 1977 and 1978, Banks briefly managed Telford United, but quit the game after he was sacked in December 1980. “It broke my heart. I just couldn’t believe that I’d put all that effort in and found I just got kicked in the teeth and it just disappointed me that much, that I didn’t apply for another job. I did not want to stay in the game.”
      Gordon Banks in action for England during the 1966 World Cup final at Wembley
      In December 2015, it was announced he was receiving treatment for kidney cancer. Stoke said in a statement on their website on Tuesday: “It is with great sadness that we announce that Gordon passed away peacefully overnight. We are devastated to lose him but we have so many happy memories and could not have been more proud of him.”

Among the many to swiftly pay tribute was Sir Bobby Charlton, an England teammate over many years, including at the 1966 and 1970 World Cups. “Gordon was a fantastic goalkeeper, without doubt one of the best England has ever had,” Charlton said. “I was proud to call him a teammate. Obviously we shared that great day in 1966 but it was more than that. Even though I was on the pitch and have seen it many times since, I still don’t know how he saved that header from Pelé. Gordon will be deeply missed.”

Peter Shilton, who also played for Stoke and who followed Banks as England No 1, tweeted: “I’m devastated – today Ive lost my hero.”

The Germany team’s Twitter account posted an image of Banks embracing West Germany players on the Wembley pitch at the 1966 World Cup final. “A fierce opponent and a good man. Rest in peace, Gordon Banks,” ran the message.