Indian Super League Season T Post-Season Thread

Comments

• Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10069 Points
    I, though do not mind in the name NE United, think it puts some limitation to the North East area. North East in my opinion should have at least one more representation. So NE United cannot represent the whole region, and the naming should keep the future provision open. 

Also, I feel clubs named after a region is better than named after a city, at least in this case.
    goalkeeparatuljg
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    But that is the thing. I don't think the NorthEast will get another team for awhile. I don't think I am wrong is assuming that the NorthEast area overall is not a very developed area, right? The ISL is for bringing in world-class players who can come to India for a bit and sure, you can convince them to live in Shillong currently with the format right now but can you do that when we go to a bigger format?

There are so many areas I can think of who deserve/will get a team before another NorthEast area will. Personally, I would love to see Bangalore and Punjab up next.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29732 Points
    I will prefer Hyderabad and Punjab
    atuljg
    Perhaps. Bangalore already has a ready team in Bengaluru FC but if they are not ready/no interest then ya, Hyderabad would be nice.
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4030 Points
    Hyderabad will be my choice as I stayed there for couple of years and played a bit. A state with so rich football history and still people are very passionate about the game. Standard of game in Gymkhana, Tarnaka, Redhills are good. A nice stadium in Gachibouli is there too. I will be very happy if Hyderabad gets a team in ISL.

Deb_Bangoalkeeparmohammed_87hassanmunna219777atuljg
    I thought ISL was (partly) about improvement of infra, which the north east could do with. And football is already followed enthusiastically there. Financial risks would be less.My choice would have been Imphal.

Outside north east, I would go for Hyderabad and Chandigarh. We need those tall, strong Punjab lads (of course, their US-residing, Arsenal-loving ones too, if any).
    munna219777
    I meant in terms of living, not facilities.

Knights of Punjab FC will become reality one day!
    munna219777
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    @Deb Ban have you ever been to Imphal ?

If you have , you will know why investing there is a poir investment. ..

You would have better luck growing paddy fields in the Thar desert
    Umm .. no I haven't been. I know there is corruption, insurgency (one probably needs 'inner line permit' to go to Imphal), lack of infra, lack of nightlife. But all these are there in all current ISL cities in varying degrees.

An ISL club there may repair all that. And give ISL the much needed spread ...
    gaffertapegoalkeeparpreetammohammed_87hassanreddevil87
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    Ok I need some help here. What is the name of the song used in ISL after video? Anyone knows? @arsenalfan700 ;
This discussion has been closed.