Romeo Fernandes

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    excatly as @ArsenalFan700 said..

Bernard Mendy has seen ISL money figures and thinks that money exists everywhere in India

He might have also heard that the likes of Ranty and Oadfa earned close to $300,000 for a season( albeit it a longer season) , and thought why not chance my arm , as he considers himself miles better than either of them

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    There is a difference though in terms of what these guys can bring to the team.

As much as I do not like Odafe and Ranti Martins, I can somewhat understand them getting payed that much because, again, as much as I do not like them, a team can guarantee that they will get at least 10 goals out of him... maybe even 15 or 20 on a good season.

With Mendy you would have a powerful and good defender but would not guarantee clean-sheets, for example, every game.

Not sure if I explained it right but you guys can get it.
    Deb_BangaffertapearchakEastBengalPride
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    edited May 2015
    He is actually miles better than Ranti Odafa and the likes, I think EB should break the bank and go for him.

@ArsenalFan700 I think this I-League its been proven how useless Odafa is! 3 goals in 10 odd matches and Brandon and the local boys played a bigger part in saving Sporting rather than that old creep.
    goalkeeparatuljg
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    edited May 2015
    Romeo Fernandez going to Atletico PR was a PR exercise indeed. They signed some sort of MOU with AIFF and that included training and giving some indian players international exposure. Based on ISL's reach and Zico's influence, Romeo made the cut and was signed on a 6 month loan. Obviously, they wanted to see how good romeo is. But, then again he's not that good.
    So, he went, trained, tried to impress, and came back with glory.

That's how it goes. Only real footballer outside is I think Gurpreet Singh Sandhu who has been working pretty hard for his team and junior player Abhineet Bharti.

Are there any other players?
    EastBengalPridegoalkeeparatuljgDeb_Ban
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    NO. Precisely why he wasnt picked for the National team, he's not ready yet.
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Also I dont think Zico has much influence in Brazilian clubs as such. AIFF has a MOU with ATP and they might have consulted Zico simply because he was the only respectable Brazilian around in India at that time (others were Beto, Bareto, Joshimar and Ulliams :D ) This year they might take Brandon for a training stint.
    coolgagangoalkeepar
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    Possibly. Anything can happen. Don't know why people were going gaga over this loan deal. 
    I mean like. There are better players. We just need to open our eyes. I'm not denying that Romeo is talented. But, its a long way to go for him.
    gaffertape
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    actually Brandon has some real talent..going by his reputation of trials at big clubs some one like Atletico will be even more eager to try him..plus that guy has confidence to score outside India
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    But @Ronny If u hear AIFF view on brandon then u will loose urs confidence .. Do u know what AIFF Official said to him after MB match .. Brandon u was better player 3 years ago , this is what u learn in SA , we told u dont go there blah blah etc
    goalkeepar
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    Yes @coolgagan let's stay in India and play ISL as its the ultimate thing in football who cares if was a training stunt. let's football!! after all a useless Indian players were said there on a MOU.