Romeo Fernandes

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Everyone knew he would not get time... Serie A? Forget about it. However, he should have been good enough for the U23s and fact is that he could not even get in there which concerns me.

He was good in the ISL and looked better during the Fed Cup, he was not an Anwar Ali or Jeje Lalpekhlua were they have spurts (at worst, you can say Romeo did nothing until the 2nd half of the ISL season). This loan was good for him to develop his skills, improve his ball control, his dribble (something that really needed work), and improve fitness and I am not sure he did any of that.
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    he only got pace ...but I think after that training stint he will improve ...now in those few months in Brazil he knows what things needed to be improved ...
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    @goalkeeper: I ain't saying that we should only stay in India and play ISL. Had it not been for the ISL in the first place, this guy would still be playing in the I-League. The fact is that he was given the opportunity to impress and even if he was not able to do it, he should be back as a better player I presume. 

SC said well when he emphasized on the fact that Romeo has only played 18 mins so he cannot walk into the national team so easily. SC can't be more truer. 
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    Sunit Passi just Pussyed his way into the National team.
    jees_josefox
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/goa/Lack-of-match-opportunity-marred-my-nat-team-chances-Romeo/articleshow/47434877.cms

From the looks of it, Atletico wanted to keep Romeo on but as a reserve player but he saw that as negative for his career, which is understandable as well.

Now, what will he do from now till August?
  • clayton SFCclayton SFC 675 Points
    training with the ATHLETICO team will do a lot of good with respect to development of his footballing skills. If you see most of Brazilian teams; they mostly play attacking football on a tactical basis.If you guys can see the video footages; one can grasp good knowledge just by looking; imagine a player getting trained on a full time basis. Eventually let's hope that romeo has comeback with a pocket full of experience.
    gaffertapeEastBengalPridemohammed_87hassanfox
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    He is above 20 for heaven's sake, technically he cant improve an iota anymore, so no more dribbling skills, no more ball control, he will have what he's got. Hope he is fitter, stronger and can read the game better and have improved his distribution. If he is lucky, he will play in SE Asia or some second tier East Asian country leagues. #realitystrikes 
    clayton SFC
    "second tier East Asian country leagues"

Honestly, I think people would be happy with J. League 2.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points

"I have requested Atletico Paranaense to release me from my loan stint as I would like to be in India to participate in the ISL 2015 for FC Goa. I would like to thank Clube Atletico Paranaense for the unique opportunity on my football career, offering myself, high class facilities of accommodation, nutrition, training, Portuguese classes, introducing me to the Goan family who could help on the settlement in Curitiba. From day one, Clube Atletico Paranaense has been very hospitable and looked after me in the best possible way, more than I could have asked for. I have requested the club to return to India only because firstly, I would like to play for FC Goa in the Indian Super League 2015 and secondly I could not break into official matches on a regular basis. At this stage of my career it is important for me to be playing, so I thought its best to request a return to India. For now my next goal would be to concentrate on playing with FC Goa. Again, many thanks to Clube Atletico Paranaense for all the club has offered me."

Statement from Romeo Fernandes
    footydipatuljgArsenalFan700munna219777
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    Best of luck lad. You will shine.