India vs Oman World Cup Qualifier LIVE | 11 June 2015

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    I still stick to my guns..that Romeo , Brandon , Udanta aren't ready for senior team football...
    not physically or mentally ready for senior level football..

Let them play U23...let U23 pkay SAFF cup and slowly introduce 1 or 2 of then as fringe player's in the senior squad over the next 1-2years
    spartasamiamgoalkeeparNaujawan
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    @gaffertape but for how long we will carry players like Francis ,Ralte,holicharan?

By the irrespective of holi age he is from Brandon batch both were part of India u19 .. If holi can play for India why not Brandon.. Why such double standard
    Ronnymunna219777goalkeepar
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    @7negi
    Brandon is an attacking mid...who has yet to prove he can do the defensive side of things...whilst he deserves a spot ahead of Dika, Penny types... .he is nowhere near Eugeneson or Cavin Lobo....i wiukd recommend Jewel Raja Sheikh to SC rather than Brandon.
    BRANDON needs to work a lot harder off the ball...and hia ball retention isn't brilliant...not strong in a challenge and doesn't win enough 2nd balls. Check his stats on this...or i will post them later to substantiate my points.

Comparing him to Holi is pointless. ...Indian NT needs a #9...even in a 442/4411 the coach wants a battering ram type centre forward..
    whether we agree or not..SC loves Robin Singh...so he will be 1st choice.

BALWANT is not good at "backing in" an building the attack...Jeje ( less said the better)...& others aren't catching the coaches eye.
    CK Vineeth has started to get some plaudits...so i think he will displace Holi
    dhungel357negigopiajeeshatuljgmunna219777reddevil87
  • souravindiasouravindia 3679 Points

I do not agree of not taking young stars to national team..If you are good enough you get chance to play no matter whether u r 19-20 or 25.. Players should be taken based on merits and if a junior demands his place based on performance then so be it.

Also what do u mean by slow grooming. Ronaldo (was 17) during 1994 world cup and did not play any match for Brazil.. Yet he was taken into the squad..That is what I call grooming. Be with the team and have a feel..

Grooming is not staying outside and getting frustrated..

dumbest idea I feel.

atuljgjees_josegoalkeepar
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Brandon and Udanta are not ready. Same with Haokip. Romeo I still stand by.
    jees_jose
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    how can holicharan was ready then ? or we say alwyn ? if players like ralte , jeje were given chance when they were 20 ( 0n papers ) why not others ? 
    jees_josegoalkeepar
  • dhungel35dhungel35 444 Points
    Romeo may or may not get a look in....but if Rino , Jacki , Vineeth , Setiya , Eugene etc get a look in and francis , lenny etc are dropped than one thing is certain....Team Selection is better than during Kovermans era.
    jees_josearchak
  • RonnyRonny 10497 Points
    why not start grooming Milan Basumatry now by giving him chances to the camp etc..the guy keeps scoring regularly..also some one like Daniel Lahlimpuia,Bidya etc
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    Mite as well put baichung if you cant add romeo and brandon to the camp
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    When will they declare India Team probables for Camp?