India vs Oman World Cup Qualifier LIVE | 11 June 2015

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

Are we really discussing about world cup qualifiers here?? We should be realistic here... we are not Portugal who has a more than decent starting 11 that they could afford a few free travelers in the squad.. those spot could be given to youngh guns by their managers..

We are targeting a regular place in asia cup for which we are likely fighting for the last 3-4 spots so I doubt we can afford giving a youth a chance unless he fires the league apart like Jackie did this season and he was rewarded with first national cap..

Its fair to say the transition is happening at a pretty slow pace but this is what I also fee best for us as here we are achieving the basic goal of being among best of asia and also slowly giving entry to future stars

gaffertapeArsenalFan700DX
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Squad announcement tmrw
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Oks 50 players are registered and AiFF will register visa for 35 players .. So excepting name of 35 players tmrw .. Then squad will trim after last round of matches
    mohammed_87hassan
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Romeo should be in the camp but not in the squad. He hasnt played since Fed Cup, he is not some wunderkid that with 20 mins of game time in 6 months he would just walk into the NT squad. Regular BFC RWFC lads deserve it much more than Romeo or Brandon.

P.S. I stand by the midget point, no place in international football for the physically fragile in today's age and date.
    Naujawangoalkeeparsouravindia
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29726 Points
    I totally totally agree with @souravindia that young players should be given then chance in senor national team. younger the player in NT. better the Player develops in future with experience they get. I totally disagree with some members on the theory that a player should mature before he gets call up. that a totally a crap idea. ronaldo and naymar didn't mature to get Brazil call up.
    atuljg
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    @7negi Th Year Jeje got  his first national team call, he scored 15 goals that season.

@goalkeepar Ronaldo and Nymar were still playing regular football and at a high level
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    @EastBengalPride Midgets are more successful now a days. I'd any day choose talent, technique, and intelligence over physique. Intelligence in the sense, the ability to keep the ball or draw a foul in case a hulk comes to bully you off the ball.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29726 Points
    @Naujawan romeo and Brandon are also playing regularly and impressing. please explain how was Prabir Das called up when he didn't even get 1 app in dempo.
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    We should at least wait for the squad to be declared before thrashing Constantine.
    munna219777
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    Romeo isn't playing regularly and Brandon just made his debut couple of days back. Prabir Das hasn't played for India has he?