India vs Oman World Cup Qualifier LIVE | 11 June 2015

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Romeo should be in the camp. Whether he should be in the squad is subject to how he would do in the camp. You can't say no to him without seeing him. 

For gods sake, he is regularly training with players who are levels above any Indian player right now, including Sunil Chhetri and just because it is just training does not mean he is not getting much out of it. Serie A teams in Brazil probably train at a much, much higher intensity than I-League teams do with coaches having bigger expectations and not afraid to be hard on players who slack off.

Hell, even the guys in the State League squad are better than Indians as Gustavo Marmentini got more time there but won't play in Serie A much despite kicking ass in ISL.

Romeo deserves to at least be in the camp for what is essentially a very important campaign for Indian football. Take a chance.
    goalkeeparatuljgdeepusouravindia
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    He would have been in the camp had he been in India but it doesnt make sense to call him up and  train when he is not even going to make it to the team. He must have just found rythm and form in training there. Doesn;t make sense to disrupt that. Also why ar we forgetting that heis still not a finished material. He needs more polish. He has already played 20 matches for Dempo  and scored 1 goal, if he works hard. He will surely make it to the team.
    goalkeeparsouravindia
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    by the romeo is in India and brandon just did not made debut days ago ! for god sake he had played 6 matches in trot for Sporting now and carrying his team on his shoulder and they are undefeated in all 6 , 3 victories .. he scored goal in 2 victory and have assist in 3rd victory !

if players like holicharan , alwyn , prabir das etc are called for first round then why not brandon for camp atleast !!! 
    goalkeepararchakmunna219777deepuashindiasouravindia
    Agree with @7Negi here. Again, if this was final list then I can see but if we are calling up a list of players who, after some training, will be cut, then take a chance on players who honestly, if you think about it, should be called-up. See how they do, if they don't perform, cut them, no harm. They get the experience and taste of what its like and hopefully some motivation to get back there.
    edited May 2015
    Those who performing well should be awarded irrespective of age experience etc , If we call young players in camp then those players will  be motivated enough next time when they play in I league and ISL ..

goalkeepar
    This is what i heard latest now .. Camp will start from 4th !

Coach likely to announced primarily squad of 35 players and then squad will be trimmed 2 time , one after last i league round and other during camp !
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    If 35 players are called, then both Romeo and Brandon should be in the list!
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    I am okay with Camp selectio of Brandon and Romeo if they both ae  in gthe country but NT call up is a stretch 
    Again, NT call-up would only happen depending on how they do at the camp.
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    On 16th June we have away game against Guam also. Winning that game is absolutely crucial for India. As squad will be same for both the games, I have a feeling that Constantine will pretty much go with the same squad he assembled for Nepal qualifiers. from September onwards, he can be more flexible in including more new faces in the squad.