I-League Vs ISL

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Let me put it in another way then so your 13-year old mind can actually answer: What do you not like about the ISL? I literally have not seen an actual reason yet from you... unless I missed it.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29260 Points
    edited June 2015
    I am happy that my unmatured 13 year old mind knows the difference between a real league (long league) and a 2 month tournament. which most adult mind fail to do. I have only 1 objection towards ISL its too shot to be called a national league. make ISL a 8 month league (games on weekend) I will totally support it and will agree with you on scraping I-league. for now its just a circus.
    ArsenalFan700
    Cheers. I actually agree with you that it should be a longer-league but I would like to see more of a community effort made to make the clubs look less "artificial".
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9964 Points
    So blink-and-it's-gone Ambani League with fake owners and one day grassroots festivals is the real football?
    munna219777reddevil87
  • sunaadhsunaadh Bengaluru35 Points
    That community effort *won't* happen. 

ISL is a TV product, first and foremost. STAR Sports has 4/8 channels to fill with sporting content and has a problem with programming. Hence the plethora of IPL style tournaments - (Kabaddi, Hockey, etc). The biggest revenue in this whole circus are the ad rates STAR quotes, not tickets.

India is a country where if you flood the PR channels enough, you can generate enough hype to fill seats (so that it looks good on TV) & garner viewers for two months. That's all the ISL needs. 'Artificial' be damned. The current system works; why would they change that?
    reddevil87
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    @goalkeepar
    Europeans and Americans don't work on weekends but in India, it's only Sunday that's a holiday. So, how can just weekend games be successful here?

I though support your argument for a longer league. Star must be blocking a longer league citing a possible T20 league.
    AKBmohammedirshad
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Star Network also show Ranji Trophy Cricket Games where zero spectators come.  They do not indulge in paid media reports that Ranji Trophy or other Domestic Cricket should close down because IPL is very successful. In Football, the focus is to attack and close down all other competitions like I-league and they only want ISL.
    AKB
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    http://www.indiansuperleague.com/news/2074-ranbir-kapoor-aim-to-make-mumbai-city-fc-the-most-professionally-run-club-in-asia

I wonder what they mean by Professionally? Will the club satisfy AFC norms? Can they show their ownership or Audit of their Accounts?
    goalkeeparAKBreddevil87
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    ISL is only another money laundering scheme after things got tough in IPL, mark my words, its nothing else. Reliance doesn't give shit about Indian football and neither does AIFF top boss. May be in some years, Mr.Patel will fall foul of some political ruling class a la N Srinivasan and truth will come out. Till then its just bull crap circus just like most things in our country.
    munna219777goalkeeparAKBreddevil87
    Yes, this STAR Sports artificial shit has worked so well for FC Pune City, Chennaiyin, Mumbai City etc who can't fill their stadiums 75% yet... surprised this has not been used as an argument (esspecially FC Pune City).
    munna219777