I-League Vs ISL

Comments

• DXDX 4074 Points
    again. if atk was owned by eb and mb we would never have this debate. that is still the fact.
    atuljg
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @DX What is your opinion on the fact that the organizers of the ISL, Football Sports Development Ltd, are just made up of IMG, Reliance Industries, and STAR Sports?

What happens if one loses interest? Why is the IPL for the BCCI but ISL not for AIFF?
    munna219777
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    I dont see any difference If any party in both leagues loses interest than you can see turmoil in ISL and that in I-league.

What if JSW, Dempo, Salgocar, Bharat forge lose interest in I-league, Are you going to run the League with just EB & MB & the north east clubs?

I would rather have the organizers who view ISL as a business than what AIFF and corporates currently view the I-league and League 2, A CSR/Tax saving ventures with AIFF dependent on Government Grants for running the football calendar.

Hell AIFF didnt even have an office till a few years back, You expect them to turn around Football in the country Single handedly?

No you need people who can shake up the system, Good or Bad IMG-REL did just that, It remains to be seen how it changes the face of football in india. Lets face it we dont have anything to lose do we?
    atuljgfox
    I don't think you got the point. If Bengaluru FC leave tomorrow then that would be horrible for the I-League and football in Karnataka but if STAR Sports or IMG-Reliance were to lose interest one day or, lets say, get to a point 10-15 years down the line where they make their money back from the AIFF deal they did in 2011, and leave, the ISL would probably die.

The IPL is a tournament that the BCCI has control over. HIL is done by Hockey India, with help. MLS is its very own entity. ISL is ran by Football Sports Development Ltd, they are a subsidiary to IMG-Reliance reportedly. If IMG-Reliance were to stop caring they could just simply turn off the brakes and ISL is gone.

Of course this is a dark scenario and the same could happen with say, the IPL but I doubt the BCCI would do that.
    munna219777
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Sure and i understand that its a worse case scenario. We should also realise that football is a good entertainment commodity not tapped properly.

Lets say even if these vested interests have made a breakeven and came out of ISL in say 3-5 seasons from now then you still have a brand and there will be takers for that brand.

It just would be reformed into something else.
    atuljg
  • munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    @DX who told you that AIFF didnt had any office? Right now they got AIFF House in Dwarka, Delhi. Before that, there Office was at this address

All India Football Federation

Gate 28, Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, New Delhi - 110003

Can you find the address of different ISL Franchises? Let me see there Office!!!!
    Deb_Bangoalkeeparreddevil87Manju
    AIFF really had no proper house before. Mind you, the BCCI did not have their new building in Mumbai till recently as well.
    munna219777
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    @DX @ArsenalFan700 If you give him evidence or any old news articles I am sure he will understand.
    Evidence of what? @munna219777 has not been wrong (same with @Deb_Ban) through this debate.
    munna219777