I-League Vs ISL

Comments

• ManjuManju Mysore34 Points
    That's why this is beautiful GAME! Insight-fully thinking now the Owners and Club Investors in a FC are the Greatest people on the earth...Not for money, just for that love they invest. You need that otherwise there is SENSEX! Bharath FC!!
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    @dx the telecast money is shared with the clubs in The Premier League which isn't the case for ISL
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    That is the main thing that bothers me about ISL... the fact that there is no TV money. I could say that MLS survived with no proper TV deal till 2006 but now they do, whereas in ISL it feels like it will never happen. Hell, even abroad the TV rights are given to STAR affiliates like EuroSport, STAR Gold (UK), and FOX Sports in various places.

Hopefully there is more to this and one day we could see a fight between say SONY SIx and STAR Sports for TV rights one day.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    There is TV money in ISL...after costs are taken into consideration...STAR will pay each club 1/8th of the remaining amount.

Sony Six and Star Sports would never fight it out for the rights of ISL...because ISL is co-owned by star sports
    THANK YOU! Now we have some clarity over this. So now we just need to hope that as the years goes that STAR would not mind spending more money on the league.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points

I think STAR is doing their job which is bringing a quality broadcast... what more shall we expect them to do other than this...

I guess the on-field activities are not what STAR master at.... the only thing they can bring is to try and attract more sponsor money which is then diverted to the franchises who can invest on-field of which commitments are not shown by all franchises..

ArsenalFan700
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    According to source IMG has cleared that they don't want to increase the time span of ISL, earlier they dont want to prepone it bcz of Champions League of Cricket but now as there is not Champions league , they should start ISL from August 1 to November 1 with proper break for friendlies and then start I league from December 1st week till may 2nd week !
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    @7negi Well before season 1 had finished, it was known that there aren't any plans to elongate the league for a few seasons.
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Expanding ISL will make it unfeasible for the franchises. They can't afford it and Star would want to remain focused on Cricket.
    Eventually something will need to happen.