I-League Vs ISL

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    What? Not ISL ones and I don't think you got what I mean.
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    It seems with 2 of the biggest patrons of Goan football making clear statements of intent about ISL and the 3rd (churchill) in no position to build a team....the days of Goan dominance in ileague is over for the forseeable future, I predict a NE winner within the next 2 years....until focourse a serious team from Hyderabad comes up, that would trigger other cities from South joining the ileague. Interesting times ahead.
    Deb_Ban
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    That depends. We seem to be seeing more emphasis on signing young and local from the Goan clubs now and some ISL guys going from the ISL teams to Goa... you never know. Everyone has said that signings probably won't happen till December/January so lets see what happens then.
    I agree @ArsenalFan700 but do you realistically see a Goan side building a title competitive squad this year?....after all, money is finite and for all their love Dempo/Salgaocar can't fund ISL and ileague title winning sides (they have sensibally chosen to focus on #ISL). The statement from Salgaocar/Dempo clearly tells that for ileague , with very little revenue possibilities, they will hire the best possible local talent (thereby reducing the team overhead costs by atleast half) and then hope for the best, which is very sensible move financially (why would anyone invest in a dud product like ileague ?, which is practically tolerated as a necessary step child by #AIFF/#IMG??),  but unlikely to deliver title winning squads unless the Kolkata clubs and BFC also starts following the same team building strategy (unlikely). Maharastra/NE clubs have more or less already adopted the Goan strategy of building teams through their academies.
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    I-League Salgaocar and ISL Salgaocar are not the same. Bitter rivals from the same clan/family.
    munna219777goalkeepar
    That's a good insight @EastBengalPride...but which amongst the 2 clans have more money? The Salgaocars of ISL or Salgaocars of ileague?.....
    karenesudhakar2050
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    ISL has more money ... Shivanand Salgaocar has to watch the spendings at Salgaocar FC in I-League...as there is no returns or potential for returns. .
    Dattaraj Salgaocar doesn't have to spend all his fortune...because he can contribute only 1/3 as that's his stake with FC Goa....Srinivas Demoo can chip in the rest...as can Venugopal Dhoot..

Having said that his 1/3 in ISL is the same as 100% investment in I-League...

I honestly can't see either brother getting any returns anytime soon.....1 will just get more publicity and air time..

If i was expecting to see good youth coming thru..I'd still check out Salgaocar youth teams rather than FC Goa " Academy "
    munna219777
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10065 Points
    "....the days of Goan dominance in ileague is over for the forseeable future, ..." are you serious @deepakc? Just one or two bad seasons and you write off the Goan clubs? By that yardstick, Bengal football evaporated 13 years back.

" ... I predict a NE winner within the next 2 years.... " LOL again, No explanations. See you in 2017.
    munna219777atuljgDomnic
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    We should ask Arnab Gowasami to have a debate on this
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    edited August 2015
    @gaffertape Dattaraj is a big loser in ISL, Mr.Dempo will take away the limelight while his own 1/3rd will return him a dead rat's ass. Public perception is that Dempo owns FC Goa and media's constant interviews with Srinivas Dempo has helped matters in that perspective.