I-League Vs ISL

Comments

• deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    @gaffertape now with kbfc out...any thgts being put by #aiff to reduce the financial commitments to attract new entrants and maybe bring back dempo? Or (as it looks now) they will think about it after ISL only?
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    AIFF don't have a clue what they are doing

BUT that said

IMG-R Vice President recently admitted that this season was make or break for them...if they didn't see growth , then they might consider pulling the plug after year 3.

so a few more years of indecision from the powers that be...
    Domnicatuljgdeepakcarchakreddevil87
  • karenesudhakar2050karenesudhakar2050 Hyderabad 1504 Points
    Gaffer tape r u saying Bharat fc going to continue in i-league
    What does the ileague ceo actually do? Is he really engaging with ckubs and those who could be interested in joining .what extra revenue has he deluvered in the 3 odd years ge us incharge...?i am afraid of the answer but am hoping for some good news...dempo definitly have a very strong case now of coming back to ileague this year itself as their relegation should be reversed...is hyderabad confirmed for this year?
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    @gaffertape growth of what? I-League.. IMG-R has made a good job preventing that, so why wait for 3 more years?!?
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    @atuljg let's continue that debate of 'AFC NEWS' thread here. because it is the right place.
    1. Your Euro club plays in a international competition sponsored by a beer company. will you propose barca to stop playing in champions league. also barca is sponsored by castrella damm ( beer company ), Thai Chang beer, south African castle lager, :p
    2. Man I am not a Spanish , I too support barca and Chelsea, but can't relate them with my day to day life, as much as I can with EB. (as a pure 'bangal' a form of predominantly EB supporting Bengali ). I will probably get a cultural shock if I attend a barca game in stadium and will feel alone in the stadium, they are all different than what we think. Do they give a damn about us? But my club do care about their bangal supporters.
    3. A brand does not tell me, that go grab that Beer/ Rum. I wonder how a kid will even know that kingfisher is brand of beer, first of all he will think it's a bird. :p
    4. I don't know why you have bad mouthed I league. When it is the fault of AIFF, that they are a total failure to popularize the PREMIER competition of the country.
    lastly I have no problem with Kerala Blasters, support your team. It's commendable. But my friend ISL isn't official. ISL teams can't take part in AFC competition. India is the only country with Two top level domestic league. How to solve this issues? How can you forget about those clubs for whom football is still played in India. It is like sending old father to old age home, because they are incapable ( read financially ). Friend THINK AND JUDGE
    goalkeepardeepakcDeb_Ban
    Waiting anxiously for the final ileague roster this year...@gaffertape ur the man now!
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    @footydip, Dude I don't want to get into a debate with you. I actually only wanted to put a zipper on @deepakc's mouth and I hope he'll respect the feelings of an ISL fan.

Anyway, I'll reply to your queries.

1.Atleast Barca didn't rename the club like EB- MB did. I don't know why the supporters of EB - MB allowed this. Cules will demolish Camp Nou if FC Barcelona is renamed Heineken Barcelona. It's simply unthinkable.

2. 99% of Barca fans haven't gone to camp nou. In the age of live TV, there's no dictum that you have to go to the stadium to be a true supporter. Barcelona btw is not Spanish but Catalan.

3. I don't think Barca s beer sponsor s are anywhere near as visible as what Vijay Mallya achieved.

4. Why do you think that we have to achieve something on AFC? I believe ISL has more potential economically than AFC competitions. Even the AFC champions are loosing money. Asia is too big a continent to have a league similar to UEFA champions league. We should achieve something on AFC as a nation but club wise, I really don't care. A SAFF champions League looks more appealing to me.

The only solution I can think of is:-
    1.Send Atletico to Hyderabad
    2.Bring in Mohun Bagan, East Bengal
    3.Shut down I league and expand ISL slowly to 20 teams over a few years.
    deepakcgoalkeeparDeb_BangaffertapeAKB
    Between u and me bro...more likely that #aiff will try to implement something close to what you have suggested...not something i want to see but #img is paying the bills& the kickbacks, so they decide. I would again repeat an age old analogy of coke and ThumsUp....not easy to disregard decade old loyalties for an irrerelevant/artificial alternative, no matter how much money you throw....
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    one query left. why a kid will think kingfisher is a beer not a bird? ( statutory warning: pulling your leg, check your BP before getting angry ) :D