I-League Vs ISL

Comments

• deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Niche tournament....were you in another country during ileague last year......did you even see the crowds in shillong/kolkata/bangalore?

PS: more than 90% of these spectators could actually recognize the players playing for their teams.
    Deb_BanDX
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    "Niche game "
    Hmmm.... guess those millions who watched the World Cup were tuning in to catch a glimpse of Abhishek Bachhaaan and co in the stands...and not Messi or Neuer on the field...
    Deb_Banmunna219777atuljgashindiaDXarchak
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    @Deb_Ban We have the best players in the world playing in HIL and PKL. Can we say the same about ISL?
    ArsenalFan700
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10066 Points
    Who is the captain of Indian Kabaddi team? Anybody? Can anybody name the top scorer of last Hockey World Cup? Who is GK of Indian Hockey team? Who is the best attacker of Indian Kabaddi team?

:D :D :D that's a tough quiz. We are not sure about the answers.

Even then, HIL and PKL have faith on their players. ISL do not.
    munna219777archak
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    PKL,HIL  & even IPL are not disrupting the respective domestic structures in any way and though both could be infinitely better (especially HIL) the primary purpose for both of them is to get better expose domestic players to high class sports environment.
    All these clubs are able to take Indian club standards to world class levels. In an Asian champions league for hockey and kabbadi we can expect the clubs to raise Indian flags, absolutely zero chance of #IMG allowing that with #ISL.

#ISL is a private tournament whose clubs follow no standard club rules, invest virtually nothing in youth development or long term training infra development of the country and whose complete revenue goes to a foreign entity with zero stake in long term Indian soccer improvement. Here an owner has opened 8 franchises and makes them play against each other and makes money on sponsorship's etc  (conflict of interest??) such a model will never qualify for representing any country..but in India we never know, stranger things have happened.
    Deb_Banmunna219777gaffertapereddevil87AKB
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    GK of Indian hockey team is a Malayali, Sreejesh quite well known in Kerala via malayali media.
    Best raider in pro Kabaddi is Kashling of Dabangg Delhi though I favor Ajay Thakur of Bengaluru Bulls. I don't know the other answers.
    I found Pro Kabaddi very attractive and believe it has the potential to be very big.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Pro Kabbadi was a flop this year...masive drop in crowds at games....hidden well by Star Sports cameramen and sound engineers

TRP of Kabadi was down as well
    atuljgDeb_Banmunna219777kartik91
  • @DX We have already seen selling of Franchise. Kerala Blasters from PVP to Muthoot Group. Tendulkar retains the share. IMG-R controls the league. Selling will mean from one businessman to other but will not change anything.
    :P
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Kabaddi sucks, won't watch it ever! Specially that moron Abhishek bring on the camera half the time.
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10066 Points
    Say Abhishek sucks then (and the moron is gatecrashing in football too). I liked Kabaddi.