I-League Vs ISL

Comments

• deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    lets close this thread, with the kind of half baked teams being introduced in ileague (Lonestar et al), its abundantly clear where #IMG wants ileague to go where serious money will be literally ällowed"to be invested in Indian football by the present bunch of jokers.

Deb_Ban
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I already tweeted at that author and got nothing back so far. Quality rubbish.

Speaking of rubbish... Pro League of India? Yay or na?
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    I do tend to agree with the author's views though....what kind of fanbase/football awareness is #aiff trying to build when 90% of the people/supporters in the stand can't name the Indian's playing in the first XI leave alone in the bench. 

But then again this is hardly #aiff''s league, #IMG calls the shots and for them lord/balwant/jeje are mere fillers in this disco nights for next two months they need #AIFF to make sure its the the govt which pays for stadium upgrades and the teams get some free training facility. Not a single tangible investment to help Indian football's training facility/academy upgrades and we are happy to along with "let's football", i know there are excuses of it being only 1.5 year old but surely there has to be some time lines and accountability, especially if you are asking even ileague div 2 teams to follow AFC guidelines with zero revenue stream for the next decade.

more like "let's get rogered", yet again. 
    ArsenalFan700Deb_Ban
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    edited September 2015
    I know it is tough to go with the 1.5 years old thing but you just have to. But ya, there needs to be more community in the ISL.
    atuljg
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Thats absolute bullshit. this country is all about star power pull. football is relatively a niche game in the country and the majority still arent aware the rules and general principles of the game.

If u want to sell ur niche game to the general mass public u have got to have a face the public can recognise not some i-league guy from Royal wahingdoh where people realise he has talent.

this is how the game has to be marketed for now for atleast a couple of seasons with each ad slowly pulling focus towards the players and the game.

in the marketing dept's defense i would say this seasons ad is a lot better than last season where u had stupid gaffes like "tank" gourmangi, "magnetic" lenny... then del piero running after lighting up a frickin flowerpot showting "happy diwali".

pretty sure we will have another "happy diwali" kind a ad but hopeful its not corny.

comparing that against kabaddi is also insane as kabbadi is a more popular and mass played sport at grass root level. most of us have played and can easily recognise some moves which they have marketed.

Give it a couple of seasons so most of these franchises would be sold off by rel and fans can start recognising a few indians.
    ArsenalFan700Deb_BanatuljgEastBengalPridegaffertapereddevil87munna219777kartik91
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Reliance would never sell off the franchises. It's their private league, why would they sell?
    munna219777
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    happened with delhi and kerala. ATK is anyways a separately owned franchise PS : they werent part of the ad adds further confirmation.
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10066 Points
    Just one question: If Hockey and Kabaddi can sell their league with their stars and Football cannot, why not sell ISL with Cricket stars?

On a different note, I have always wondered how Abe's legs carry the weight of his biceps ....