I-League Vs ISL

Comments

• Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    I have watched 3 matches of MCFC . And I have paid for my tickets 
    munna219777
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    I have watched 2 matches at DY Patil. Although I have paid for my ticket, but what I noticed is that after 15 min of match starting, the gates are thrown open. 

That is why we always see more crowd at DY Patil later on in the match as compared to the start.
    deepakcsamEastBengalPridemunna219777
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    @Domnic :  i don't agree with you. the stadium was full before start of the match. when i visited
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    If ISL matches are played only on Friday, saturday, Sunday - will it increase the TRP of ISL or will it bring it into direct competition with established leagues like EPL?
    I-League has dedicated following, TV TRP was never considered in its case. ISL on the other hand is heavily promoted by Star Sports plus host of sponsors - TRP is vital for their future.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    i think people can get off and make it a event,so you will have full crowd in stadiums and as well you can build up the event
    munna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Won't be competition on Friday and on Saturday and Sunday maybe but crowds and ratings have been decent before during those times anyway. You shouldn't fear the EPL
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    1) Merger was always an idea, proposal. AIFF never said for sure that merger will happen. They never gave any date for merger also. How can people blame AIFF now?
    2) ISL owners and IMG-R also neevr said that they are going to merge their franchises into a league of I-league clubs. Why blame them?
    3) FIFA or AFC never said that they recognise or in future will recognise ISL. As long as I-league iis being played, FIFA are okay. Why blame FIFA?
    4) ISL franchise never even attend any workshop for AFC criteria. That gives an indication that they have no intention for merger, recognition. They have full freedom to do so.
    5) A closed  tournament away from any regulations of FIFA-thats what the stakeholders of ISL want. 6 month committee of a retired cricketer and a retired judge which will declare a fine which nobody will pay. Such joke is possible only in a petty closed league away from any regulations or recognition by FIFA. ISL freedom will go away if they merge or follow guidelines.
    6)  Merger is against ISL profits. Mediocre, semi-retired players are pitched against mediocre semi-retired players in IPL model. Why will they destroy their model? They are businessman after all.
    7) Merger will make a long league. Right now they are happy to hire  players before January transfer window.

Carbon_14AKB
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    That model is not sustainable for football long term. Not making the league a longer-duration and including it into the football pyramid and not getting results is literally throwing away money. Businessmen like this don't just care about profits but also about growing the value of their assets, which they have in the ISL. There is so, so, sooo much potential that they would be dumb not the take it.

Also, why make the proposal if you never had an intention to do anything.
    munna219777mohammed_87hassan
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    As I said before, the farce inside FIFA and AFC has allowed AIFF some leeway to sort out its own house despite some pressure (in camera)
    munna219777AKB