I-League Vs ISL

Comments

• Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    MB/ EB didn't have any fancy academy like the upstart ISL franchisees right, but if one goes through the rosters of Indian National team from independence through the years, he will find that a good chunk of players are developed by the two clubs. Proof of the pudding in in the eating, isn't it?

How many players are actually brought up by the franchisees? Nil? So what did they do since the time they collectively gave birth to Indian football? Four years too little time to grow footballers right? OK, show me the intent, so that we can agree that in 40 years' time they will produce one national level player.
  • shubham_northeasternshubham_northeastern Dimapur,Nagaland1245 Points
    And this was simply because MB/EB were the leading clubs in this entire period you referred to.
    It's as simple a fact that most of the NT players would bud from here...
    But just take a look at the larger picture...
    Most of these academy players never made it to the main team of MB/EB...
    They ended up playing for some small club...
    Reality check isn't it?
    And how many players brought up by franchises?
    Well,let's wait a few years,I reiterate.
    After that this question would make more of a sense.
    atuljgRav92goalkeeparkartik91deepakc
  • MB is not national club but national shame of India.all these so called legacy kolkata clubs do is give make random africans superstars.They score tons of goals against our shitty defenders.Thses africans are comfortable here in india.they have no aukaat outside india.If they had any ambitions they would try their luck in europ. why would they leave india when club overpay these shits.
    atuljggoalkeeparsouravindiaRav92indianFootballFanashindia
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    No players developed by MB have ever played World Cup: so didn't any one from EB/ Dempo or Salgaocar. Simply because the football scene was not that great. And it was not Mb's (or EB's, Dempo's or Salg's) prerogative to change the script. MB or EB or Dempo players were as good as Indian football could be at that time. Look at Salg or Vasco's products during these times. They were among the best, though they didn't set the turf on fire. But they had the intentions. The Fed didn't help either for Indian football to grow.

But some of the MB players played for the NT (It is not the question that they lost in the group stages, or didn't reach there at all: they were the best we had; otherwise they would have been replaced). 

I accept that it is not fair to expect ISL clubs to send players to NT from their academy (ha ha) in such a short time. But the intent in not there. None of the franchisee are serious about academies. They are just cannibalizing the existing academies for success in the short term. They wont stop pursuing retired grandpas like Berba (and as random Africans as IL Africans) to divert a fraction of the amount to their less glamourous academies. 

Needless to say, a player joining the NT from ISL frachisees' academies will remain a pipe dream for years to come.
    goalkeeparRav92indian_goonerCarbon_14ashindiadeepakc
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    "Needless to say, a player joining the NT from ISL frachisees' academies will remain a pipe dream for years to come."

Saving this
    shubham_northeasternatuljgkartik91deepakc
  • shubham_northeasternshubham_northeastern Dimapur,Nagaland1245 Points
    Footballing scene was not great...
    I haven't heard of a better joke till date...
    The clubs drew hundred thousand supporters to the stadium...
    If this footballing scene wasn't great...
    Then God bless us!
    atuljgkartik91
  • I will take berba over a random african.at least berba can pull some crowd and interest.
    atuljg
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    You hate or love clubs like MB,KEB,MDSC, Dempo, Salgaocar etc . One have to give them credit for keeping football alive when federation, corporates etc did not give any fuck. ISL/IMG only came to Indian football because there were some base to build on.

Rav92goalkeeparkarenesudhakar2050indian_goonerashindiadeepakc
  • Rav92Rav92 Kolkata1660 Points
    @kishitij USFC @shubham_northeastern please go through the Indian football history, you will get your answer. EB and MB, the two clubs who are the reason, Indian Football still exist today. Let give the ISL team 15-20 years more to sustain then we have a talk if we live that far. I don't know why u people comparing two leagues, its actually doesn't makes any sense. At the end of the day we are all well wisher of the Indian Football. We want Indian football flourish that set. And please guys give some respect to those clubs who are the trailblazer of the Indian Football.
    goalkeeparindian_goonerSOCCER4klshubham_northeasternkartik91ashindiadeepakc
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    The primary responsibility for Indian football's failure till now is the failure of the legacy club supporters to rise in revolt against the inaction of the officials running the club.

The officials would run 2-3 houseful derbies every years, buy random Africans, and win I league or CFL and the supporters would be happy with it every year.

With the resources, legacy, support base and power the officials had, they should have now built their own stadium(real), an academy (real) and should be competing with the likes of Guangzhou and Pohang Steelers in Asia but they chose not to. 

They were happy with mediocrity by winning over minnow I league and CFL clubs and so were their devoted faithful!
    The legacy clubs were supposed to lead the rest of the pack but they did not do it.
    indian_goonerathi_bheekarankartik91