I-League Vs ISL

Comments

• DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    Also Kerala derby and Chennai derby @shanks_dehighliving
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    How many times will I have to repeat this? I-League is shit not because its shit, its shit because FSDL wants it to be shit. I-League before 2010 (When IMG-Rel bought Indian Football for ₹700 Crore) had better production quality and marketing when it was under Zee Media. After that, it was systematically degraded by IMG so that when they launch their own league, they can say that they saved Indian Football. 
    Currently most of the I-League clubs run on shoe string budget with no revenue from TV broadcast. 
    I-League was doomed they day AIFF sold rights to Indian Football to IMg reliance unilaterally without consulting the clubs. 
    One should know one thing, Reliance does not like competition and they would do everything to cull any competition. We have seen this with Essar Oil and Jio. 
    So, dont give me the bull shit that ISL has done wonders with Indian Football. The current model of ISL is unsustainable in the long run as Reliance and Star pocket the lion share of revenue. 
    DEFENCE123goalkeeparashindiathebeautifulgameDeb_BanCarbon_14deepumunna219777sudheermylankal[Deleted User]and 4 others.
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Very well said. ISL is basically Cricket IPL Model. It is not sustainable for a foreseeable future as semi-retired players, playing daily matches may look good for revenue generation of Cricket Boards, FIFA / AFC / AIFF  are not any party in organising it. This is not how Football is run. It is really up to them that when they will pull the plug out of 2 League system !!!

I-League clubs need to keep on improving. As long as fans are there, I-League will always be alive and kicking !!
    indianFootballFangoalkeeparDeb_BanCarbon_14reddevil87
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    The problem is that ISLv i League is like a swimmyrace between Michael Phelps v Oscar Pistorius. No matter how much effort Pistorius puts in we all know who’s gonna win.
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Will Chennaiyin FC hold on to their Foreign players till end of June 2019 for AFC Cup ?? Last time they made lot of noise regarding Super Cup that they have a special name for it, players are tired, they want to go home blah blah blah. This will be a test of commitment for ISL teams about their aspirations outside a closed private tournament. Bengaluru FC has done it in past but then they were primarily an I-league proper team.
    goalkeeparDeb_BanCarbon_14
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    Why are they conducting super Cup at the end. They could conduct it along with the current ISL/I league as they do in the west.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29259 Points
    Cause if they conduct now your isl franchises won't take it "Seriously" which will embarrass Nita ji
  • DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    Is there salary cap in i-league?
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2975 Points
    IL is always greater than ISL. 
    I have seen both leagues atleast 5 years in the stadium. 
    DEFENCE123munna219777EastBengalPrideDeb_Bangoalkeeparatuljg
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    To be honest, if both of the leagues are run simultaneously under the poster of the top tier leagues, then, sorry to say, but both of them are shit. AFC, FIFA and Indian Football Fans have had enough of this shit. We need a merger and the best part is that it is coming next year. ISL will be the top league because of the brand name it has established for itself. No sane person on earth would dilute an established brand which has higher reach. ILeague will become the second tier. This is the reality and we know it. 

Yes, ISL has it's faults. So, does I League. The key idea is not to blame each other and wish for a sustainable league. 
    indianFootballFanashindiamunna219777BrainFallINDIAsudheermylankalkartik91reddevil87