2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier: Guam vs. India | 16 June 2015

Comments

• Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9970 Points

I am not saying that we live in past glory. Just trying to find out since when we started to lose the plot. NFL started in 1996 at the insistence of FIFA/ AFC, because the standards had fallen already. But results were just the facades, the system had became stagnant long back; during say, the mid-seventies. In 2015, this is beyond repair. AIFF did precious little, except presiding over the sinking.

Even in the '90s when NFL started, football was popular, sponsors and media were interested. But AIFF failed miserably in managing the sport. Football became an instrument to garner power, money and foreign tours for politicians like Dasmunshi and his deputy Prafool Patel. That arrangement is still in force. Fools are we, as we continue to believe that tinkering the system or appointing a foreign coach or making a master plan (but not following it) will buoy our position.

I though still believe that we can make a draw at Oman, beat the living daylights out of Guam at Delhi and beat the Turkmen in both the legs. Iran I don't know.

Wishful thinking? Foolishness? Maybe ...

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    @Ashlesh

you are spot on , I am currently working with some folks who are going to target Youth Football at schools with foreign investment , AND most importantly NOTHING TO DO WITH AIFF

Any coaches with a C License or similar qualification from the UK or overseas are welcome

inbox me and I will forward them onwards
    shankar
  • Mithil GaliMithil Gali Bangalore12 Points
    edited June 2015
    Guys my idea might sound ridiculous but what if the present u-19 team is made to train seperately through out the year with a coaching team only for them. They should continue playing together till they are 22-23 and importantly no i league club or isl should sign them beause at the age of 17-18 things can be grasped and they have enough time and exposure trips to apply what they have learned, same like what is happening with the present u-17 team then they can represent the nation at senior level with 1-2 existing players from senior team!!!! Only then we can pass and hold the ball in the midfield as the present senior players are not taught to keep the ball moving along the turf and it cannot be taught at their age

shibier
  • Mithil GaliMithil Gali Bangalore12 Points
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pailan_Arrows

Select amount of the U19 players come from I-League clubs already. You would have to get them on loan and even then, if they show progress, the I-League club will just take the player back.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    And if you want exposure trips then that is happening now at the U17 level.
  • souravindiasouravindia 3606 Points

To everyone in I-League vs ISL debate.

Indian football team results were much better when neither National League or I-League or ISL cam into the picture. It started getting ruined when we did the following:

1) Had our entire aspirations and hope on a football league which was just materialized. No thoughts went into actually making it professional, rather people were more hell bent in killing existing tournaments which till thus far had provided the core of Indian football

2) SO instead of actually improving the league to sustain what had been attained with many fringe tournaments in past 100 years of history, what we did was to rather diabolically kill one by one of these tournaments, BUT NEVER THOUGHT OF ACTUALLY IMPROVING THE LEAGUE TO SUSTAINT HE LOSS WE WERE GOING TO MAKE.

3)Bob Houghton's era as well as those coming before gave ill thoughts to our loving organisers (AIFF), thinking and comparing with the west, while totally oblivious to the fact of how to recuperate from the losses of loosing these tournaments

4) While I am not against a major Professional League in a country, frankly no thought was given to Youth development which is paramount when such League is born and when you have as less as teams as 15-16 at the most. I-League 2 was farce. Just think about how many players could represent in the only major tournament we have?? How can we represent so many youngsters plying their trade in football.

5)State leagues were demolished. The less we talk about it the better. IFA Kolkata League, though not professional, spans across 5-6 divisions including Super division. So many clubs used to represent it , but slowly hopes were lost o this lost case. This is the league which used to throw up Abundants of talents BUT we forgot everything and started dancing in lines with I_league without even thinking how we are going to RECUPERATE this LOSS?????

And now, when probably I-league was slowly turning in something proper and also probably laying down rules which could have been slowly regaining what we lost, we start FORGETTING it again to dance in tune with ISL.

going by what we have already noticed in Indian football questions do arise

1) What have you thought about the merits of I-league. How r u going to make sure we do no loose out on them with ISL

2) How do you ensure, even fringe players gets ample opportunities? Not everyone would make it BIG. So how will they sustain in football and why TAKE UP FOOTBALl at all??

3) What about proper player scouting?? Do you have such  thing YET in place so that you can encounter the future losses??

Do not take me wrong, but Professional League in India has failed desperately on many terms. Without long term vision, instead of correcting it, we are starting a new League ISL. While I do not have against anything working for Indian Football, I seriously doubt how much effort actually goes in PLANNING for the FUTURE.

namewtheldmunna219777foxfootydipsparta
  • samsam 16442 Points

MICHAEL CHOPRA JUST BEGGING TO PLAY FOR TEAM INDIA.

Chopra's Tweets :

Michael Chopra @MichaelChopra [24h] :Really gutted to see ‪#‎India‬ lose to ‪#‎Guam‬ today. I am determined to get selected for the ‪#‎IndianFootball‬national team as soon as I can.

Michael Chopra @MichaelChopra [4h] : Find this hard to believe India 1 v 2 Guam India population over 1.2 billion people Guam population about 165,124 the rules need to change.

Michael Chopra @MichaelChopra [4h] : 75% of the players who represented Guam have been born and brought up in the US so why won't @AiffMedia @StephenConstan push for players.

Michael Chopra @MichaelChopra [4h] : Like myself who hav an oci card and want to play for the @AiffMedia football team try and make it happen it's the only way football in India.

fox
  • samsam 16442 Points