Asian Champions Trophy 2015

Comments

• 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    India playing their home match in malaysia , very funny reason to shift the match 
    karenesudhakar2050archak
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    please tell the reason. I think IMG has blocked the Stadiums to prevent the team from playing in India.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @Deb_Ban What is the bloody point of starting an age group team randomly? They have chosen the path of build big first and then focus on youth, which is slowly seen with the grassroots camps which, from what we see, do happen more than people like to think. They don't just happen and then disappear. Bloody hell, some A-League clubs don't even have proper academies yet, MLS did not even get a system in place till around 2006.

I am willing to wait a few years to see what they do, for now they have worked at the U13/U12 levels and it will be interesting to see what they do. I would like them to start something with the U15s and U18s but obviously they won't/can't. I do not buy into the idea yet that there is only interest in counting money, as if everyone involved in ISL is a football-terrorist... if that was the case then why even bother following anymore.
    arun
  • Soham_DeSoham_De Kolkata1673 Points
    why ur hme leg is being played in malaysia , dnt we hav proper stadiums!! WTF is isl nt allowing this match in Tilak , very gd reason though, nobody wud hv watched isl game if DD sports had telecasted ACT match!!!!
    atuljgsamiam
    hope we have livestreams @7negi bhai pls provide them!!!

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    A source says that AIFF paid DD for HD telecast of India's match as that is what the ACT wanted. But DD refusedvto do HD telecast and hence The organizers had to move the home match to Malaysia
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    What about Star/Sony??
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9964 Points
    edited October 2015
    @arsenalfan700, you meant those one day football fests right :D :D? Those give them good opportunities for newspaper space, right. Unfortunately, after the photo-ops the camps vanish, and they showcase the likes of Jeje, Rafi and Mehtab as emerging talents! I can see the 'build big' part, but not the 'then focus on youth' part. How did you make it up?

I would like to know the status of youth development of any ISL Club as of today: where is the setup, who are the coaches, how many are the players. The answers are known: nowhere, nobody and zilch.

Let us keep A-league out of this discussion: Aussies are not improving; and theirs is not a model for Indian football.
    deepakcgoalkeeparmunna219777rudra
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Aussies not improving? Damn well recently won an AFC Champions League, beat Argentina in the U17 World Cup, and have a lot more promising talents then India has World Cup qualifying wins overall. I will use them as well as a model as they also follow the franchise model where the intent was obviously the make an "entertainment like event".

And what newspaper space or photo opps? That was so last summer, now they are just doing them, hosting school tournaments, and even Kerala Blasters are doing schools, mind you with a pay-to-play system. I am not seeing anything, anywhere that is even reporting on these camps, showing pictures etc so how could they do that?

The emerging players thing is weird but what is an emerging player to them? Probably not a youth player but just an Indian player that is emerging ISL wise... as in an Indian player who can make it in ISL and fans can like. I would not be surprised if that was the case.
    rudrasouravindia
    aussies are improving becaise they hav a national traiing cenntre huge facility for 100 of kids of all age groups to train . They hav scholarship ssystem !!! We dnt even hav a ground or 10 proper football stdiums in ur such a huge country , football consciuos people at the top are doing nting on this front , its time ur NT hav a proper ground facility to practise before WCQ!!!!