I-League 2015-16 | General Discussions

Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    6,000 is still good for a League which has No Promotion,No Sponsors,No Proper Telecast etc and is forcefully getting killed by IMG-R. we can't compare this league highly promoted and separate entity leagues like league two or Thai league,Saudi league who's attendance are lower then I-league. difference between ISL and I-league is if ISL shuts shop when IMG contract runs out all Franchise will be dissolved this will live India with out a national league and some state leagues will be our only league. while if I-league is killed by IMG-R the clubs will still remain functional and may start a separate National league.
    munna219777gaffertapeAKB
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    The numbers are kinda inflated though from the big clubs like Mohun Bagan or even Bengaluru FC. We all know that the Shillong clubs never have a problem with drawing some crowd... cheap seats, maybe even free, for football. But then you know that Mumbai probably did no better than 2,000-3,000 a game, if that, and Pune and Bharat FC barely pull the crowds. The Goan clubs were also off this season but they do have a good history in recent years of being able to pull a crowd.
  • souravindiasouravindia 3595 Points

wow, don't forget ISL is there only because I-league/national League has been unsuccessful past 20 years..Club ranting is utter falsehood..Some of them had 100years to prove and improve..

See the status of the field these clubs practice (or even had their stadium) on during the monsoon-- cant even manage their own playing field & note they are having experience of 100 years or more..

If ISL has happened its only them who are to blame, no one else...No use ranting against a product which has smudged them at their face.

• mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    @munna Uruguay population is 30 lakhs less then Chennai and u are comparing there average attendance with India
    atuljg
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited July 2015
    @mohammed_87hassan In those countries like Chile, venezuela, Uruguay Football is number one sport also. That is not the case in India. That factor we  should also think. Population comparison doesnt make sense. Most Uruguay clubs are based in Montevideo whose population is 4-5 times that of Shillong. Yet Shillong clubs have better average attendance then Montevideo clubs?? How will you explain that then?
    AKB
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    Obviously, Roberto coming out of retirement is a publicity stunt. That is why I put "MANAGER" before a "PLAYER". To emphasize on the fact that he is more of a manager than a player. You can call him a marquee but he ain't. Everyone knows that.

As for countries where football is popular, compare attendance per capita wise.
    Lets take example of Chile, average: 5574. Population: 17.62 million. Attendance per capita: 316.25 per million.

India: 5620. Population: 1200 million. Attendance per capite: 4.68 per million.

Even if India is not footballing nation, this is POOR! 

This ain't a fair comparison. But, the numbers are there for you. You compare it with every nation where football is not popular. Point is that we are bad in attendances
    Deb_BanDX
    edited July 2015
    @coolgagan Attendance per capita is a Bizarre way to calculate whether attendance is good or poor. Nobody will do that and it is not a logical measure. By your logic, China or India will have to build huge stadiums of 1 million capacity then because total population of India, China is more.
    Average attendance of IPL Cricket games is what 60000 that is also a very generous figure. Population is 1200 million. So it comes out to be 50 per million. To match Chile we need to make stadium of capacity 3.5 lakhs then. That is a very bizarre way to calculate. Or you want to say that Cricket attendance is poor in india???

I would like to know more about the credentials of Roberto Carlos as a Coach or Manager? He got any Coaching Diplomas or he has any experience as a Coach/Manager for any Country or a top flight club?Ex-player doent mean automatically that he will be a great coach!!!! That is only possible in a non serious exhibition league, not in any professional league.
    goalkeepar
    edited July 2015
    Roberto Carlos managerial stats for you.

Interim manager- Early 2012-  Anzhi Makhachkala- Russian Super League
    Manager- 2013-2014(Dec)- Sivasspor- Turkish Super Lig
    Manager- Early 2015- Akhisar Belediyespor- Turkish Super Lig

These leagues ain't professional. So you can say. OKAY! :P

As for attendance per capita. I said this is not a fair comparison. But, still a comparison. Better comparison would be % occupancy. Isn't it? 
    But, u know what? Im rather interested to know on what basis you classify attendances as good or bad. I wanna see what ur benchmarks are.
    DX
    @coolgagan At Anzhi Makhachkala he was assistant to Guss Hiddinck. Okay performance at Turkish Super Lig with 12th Position at Akhisar Belediyespor. But I will not go ga ga for this Coach experience.
    My criteria for attendance figure, whether good or bad, is based on attendance figure only. I keep the number 6000 so I will judge it on that number only. I will not divide it by country population for sure. 6000 figure is comparable with Top Leagues of Thailand, Malaysia, Chile, Uruguay, Venezuela, Denmark and League one of England who also get similar 6000 average attendance figures.
    Deb_Ban
    I was just wondering. Attendances also have a limit. No professional sports league will be able to average more than 60,000, to be generous, every season. Its just not feasible. So, attendance per capita is a decent measure till 60,000. If a country like India has huge population, we still cannot expect it to fill up more than this every game. So, in that case 60,000 becomes the max limit. And its good too. 

Its like a computer program. Calculate per capita till 60,000. After that, 60,000 is the max limit. Irrespective of the improved figures.

Just giving an idea. Don't bash me up on this one.
    munna219777