I-League 2015-16 | General Discussions

Comments

• AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    @EastBengalPride
    You missed out the 3rd..... Subrata Dutta
    EastBengalPride
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    What after IMG-R is a green field approach to really develop the sport in the country. Right now its a circus and that too a sad one.
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Well said @EastBengalPride.......do give some info on how the pre season is coming up for KEB.....is the new coaching team gelling? The team's official facebook page is hardly being updated regularly.
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    If anything is a circus, it's the I league which even after 10 years ensured Indian football remained mediocre!
    ISL on the other hand is the shining light which offers some hope of a bright future. All Indian players will any day choose ISL over I league.
    Very true @atuljg   more power to the #IMG/#ISL combination! There could not have been a better way to take India forward, I will be very surprised if don't beat Brazil in the BRICS tournament proposed by our PM. Our players are playing in the best league in Asia, and the amount of talent being produced by the #ISL in their grassroots programs is unprecedented, these young prodigies will surely win us the next AFC U 16 championships. This would be possible because of the great vision of Mr.Patel and #IMG.
    gaffertapeAKBDeb_Bangoalkeepararchak
    Also agree with you (@atuljg) on the ileague, the league should be shut as #ISL has captured the imagination of Indian youth and everyone wants to play in #ISL, the best league in Asia.  
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    edited July 2015
    @deepakc
    Very well said mate.
    Yes... we would love to see Maradona, Platini & co in next edition of ISL. Pele has become a little older so can't expect him to play. But World Cup heroes of 1980s could be a real treat for the knowledgeable fans. 
    ^:)^
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Clubs are the reason football is still played in India. AIFF on the other hand has done its utmost best to destroy the game and has been quite successful at that. Now they have an American owner who they wag, so betterment of football isnt the priority anymore.

ISL is and will remain a circus! A tournament without purpose and goals. Ambanis, Neotias, Bollywood heroes, former cricketers,Football Edge, Patel & cronies - yep, they all suddenly received God's message in their dreams to improve Indian football. Anyone who believes that..well, good for them!

reddevil87
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Please... do mention to significance of why you need to say "American". Would it be better if he was English now?

Also... no one answered me on this. If ISL goes like most want, who says we won't just revert back to going against the I-League like before? Seriously, I feel like people on here are viewing the I-League clubs as angles even though they had many problems that lead to the bloody ISL in the first place.
    atuljg