I-League 2015-16 | General Discussions

Comments

• atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    Only East Bengal and Mohun Bagan fans have problems with ISL simply because for the first time there are entities like kerala Blasters, FC Goa and even unexpected franchisees like Chennaiyin FC now that has challenged the duopoly of the Kolkatta clubs.
    rudraRibhu
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    But then you also have people who supported Goan clubs who don't like ISL. Only people in NE and Mumbai/Pune are somewhat okay with it really.

Also, this comment I saw on facebook really just captures what I'm saying: "First let them copy I-League. They must learn the basics as how a league runs throughout the season. Then only they can copy other developmental models"

What? Copy what from I-League? If the ISL goes, the I-League should as well, and a brand new SINGLE football league should be formed. The problem is not the ISL, it's both leagues and the stupidity that runs rampant in both.
    munna219777archak
  • theinsidertheinsider Bihar20 Points
    ISL is here to stay..if I-League had not improved there wouldn't have been an ISL in the first place..Football Edge deals with both ISL and I-League I think..I know some of the players managed by them and they seem happy with their services and they rubbished any talk of kick backs as some members pointed out..guess for every successful venture there will be jealous haters ;)
    archakrudra
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29252 Points
    Foosball Edge Agent Spotted ↑
    theinsidermunna219777atuljgarchakgaffertape
    Call me what you want..just because I don't agree with your viewpoints
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    what is the basis of their ( some football edge players ) selection? There are certainly better players out there. performance isn't the benchmark here, cut money is. sadly. but it is overall an established truth.
    archak
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    What better players were not selected? Sure, the selection seemed off but where was it that better players failed to make it.
    theinsider
    I wouldn't put allegations unless I have proof..my view point is that they captured majority share of the Indian player market which gives them an advantage..I had a friend who did two months internship with them and he told me they work round the clock and are always flooded with calls from players desperate to get a club in I-league or ISL. And they always charge clubs a fee and not players he said, which in my opinion is good!
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    ISL to I-league - You hate us cos you aint us:). btw where is the ridiculous argument that only mumbai/pune and north east are somewhat ok with ISL? wasnt it true that guys here celebrated 5k average attendence in I-league as "the league is getting better" hell even scarcely populated countries in europe can manage better attendences that that number.

atuljgcoolgagan
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    @DX Really!!!!
    Find I-League in this list and see for yourself that how I-League attendance is better then many European, South American and asian leagues.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_attendance_figures_at_domestic_professional_sports_leagues#Outdoor_sports
    shankargoalkeepar