I-League 2015-16 | General Discussions

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Honestly, I am not a fan of that. Anyone who watches the I-League can see those numbers are false.

As for the NE and Mumbai/Pune people, that was just based on what I've seen from various facebook groups and the like.
    goalkeepar
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    5000 Average is better then Chile, Venezuela, Uruguay and many Asian countries.
    goalkeepar
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    munna. buddy dont quote these as they can be disputed easily. fact is the average attendence is 6k last season. thats not disputable.
    @DX I agree figure around 6000. It is still comparable to some good leagues.That list will show good leagues with figures less then 6000. I live in the UK and Football League One and Two get less attendance then I-League. Top leagues of countries like Chile, Thailand, South Africa get less attendance then I-League.
    goalkeepar
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    edited July 2015
    Ask any Indian player. All of them are raring to have a go at the ISL. I league was just a pre season for everyone to be match fit, get an ISL contract and perform in the real Premier League of India.
    goalkeeparDX
    I didn't really want to mock I league and it's clubs but some East Bengal and Mohun Bagan fans are out to defame ISL and it's products like kerala Blasters which we support. So, they should expect a backlash.

We won't stand back if you defame ISL and thereby Kerala Blasters and Co purely for selfish and jealous reasons.
    Deb_Ban
    edited July 2015
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    6000 is poor! For such a huge country, these attendance figures are bad. You gotta deal with this.

And as for people arguing that clubs is the reason football is alive in India. Were places like Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Kerala and to some extent Pune present on the football map of India?? Is the game of football Pan-Indian if you go by the distribution of clubs and how they are received in those areas? Answer

Clubs is the reason football is alive in pockets. To expand the league into new territories, franchises are required. Otherwise no one will take initiative. Would Delhi United ever have the funds to compete with Delhi Dynamos? Can they get Roberto Carlos to be the manager or even come out of retirement for the sake of it? No they simply can't.

By being an ISL franchise, things are still easier. 
    atuljgDX
    edited July 2015
    Old unfit retired player (Roberto Carlos) playing years after retirement from Professional Football is not a symbol of Professional Football League. It is rather a symbol of non serious exhibition just to get some publicity. Like that exhibition game in Calcutta few years ago where Bebeto, Romario, Higuita were playing.
    Anyways wrong thread. Please continue if you wish at I-League vs ISL thread.

goalkeeparreddevil87AKB
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    League One definitely gets more than I-League and so does League Two for the most part. Maybe not the smaller teams but you have to take into account two things:

- Ticket prices. Prices, even at League Two level, are expensive.
    - I-League stadiums get 6,000 but that is not near capacity. League Two clubs get 6,000 but the capacity of the ground is 6,000.

And Chilean games get more fans. I don't watch regularly but I see them in Copa Lib/Suda and some highlights for players, they get crowds unless the capacity is 6,000. Thailand is the same. South Africa as well.
    DX