Indian Super League Post-Season 2 Thread

Comments

• Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9963 Points
    Forget construction status: YBK is out of bounds for anybody before WC. Last derby was played with special permission.

IMG will have to weave their magic at Kanchenjonga.
    deepakc
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    Reliance will manage somehow at YBK

Besides all other cities are also undergoing renovations, but ISL will take place there. YBK pitch is ready and i think they will just close a portion of the stadium and let the ISL take place
    munna219777
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9963 Points
    I stand corrected: YBK is out of bounds for I-league & Fed Cup. I should have known.
    deepakcmunna219777
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    They won't touch YBK. The stadium renovation work will barely keep on schedule for the final FIFA inspection. A scapegoat will be found if YBK isn't ready and I doubt IMG-R would want to be that.
    Deb_Bandeepakc
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Is there any set of rules for Stadium as far as ISL is concerned? Being an unsanctioned league, they can organise matches surrounded with Canvas Tents if they want. There are no AFC Stadium Regulations as far as ISL is concerned. They will organise all their ATK matches at Salt Lake Stadium. They will only block I-League Clubs and India National team from playing there.
    deepakcDeb_Ban
  • samsam 16428 Points
    FB pages are posting ATK and ISL officials visited Siliguri stadium in april. 35000 capacity they are saying. Siliguri as a small city it will be a headache for administration  
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Kanchenjunga's capacity is about 30k if you wipe out some basic safety regulations. It's a  good place to host ISL matches, Siloguri deserves more football matches. IMO, EB should play 3-4 of their home matches at Siliguri next season .
    deepakc
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    edited May 2016
    ISL matches can only be played where VIPs (Political-Cricketers-Bollywood) can sit & have fun, also where Cheer girls from various countries can show their assets. Don't know if Siliguri has the required infrastucture or not.
    Barasat is unapproachable for the rich.....so ruled out. I believe the ISL Organizers will some how manage to get YBK for ATK's home matches from Oct-Dec......though IFA wouldn't be allowed to conduct the CFL Derby there for sure in Aug-Sep. AIFF themselves would ask both Mohun Bagan & EB to host their home I-League Derbies anywhere other than YBK. Thus the problem is resolved for ATK.
    munna219777deepakc
  • samsam 16428 Points
    I am getting more and more news of ATK playing this time atleast some matches in Siliguri. Some local sources too
    fox
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    @EastBengalPride how can you use words like "Basic safety regulations" and "ignore" in same line, still expecting the hosting of league at the stadium??