Indian Super League Post-Season 2 Thread

Comments

• DXDX 4074 Points
    edited May 2016
    @AKB - Been watching too many IPL matches and confusing with ISL? There are no "Cheer Girls" being promoted in ISL mate. If you hate something back it up with Facts. MB & EB are the at the foundations of having politicians run offices there, So lets not fight to get higher morale ground.

Here is a fact, MB are open and willing to be merged with ISL's ATK. When your club is happy to be part of something why do you have an interest to ridicule a league where all your top i-league teams want to be part of? Logic Defied.
    red_devilsouravindiakartik91
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    When did Mohun Bagan say that they would like to merge with Atletico de Kolkata? No one has said anything yet as far as I have heard other than they should probably do that.
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    @DX Come up with facts please....about "Mohun Bagan are open and willing to be merged with ATK". Don't go by hear say. Regarding ISL Cheer girls.....ok...I might have mixed up..sorry mate.
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    Another thing........none of the I-League teams has said that they want to be a part of ISL. It is just that because of AFC's constant kick on the back...AIFF & their parents are trying to manipulate ISL in to a League which gets the approval from the AFC or FIFA whatever it is. The uproar is because under the punch of their parents...AIFF is forced to brush aside the Clubs which have given Indian Football something atleast over the years.
    souravindiadeepakc
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9963 Points
    MB were never interested in joining with ATK. It was all figment of imagination of AIFF/ IMG-R. They thought they would be able to push the idea down the throat of MB. MB have a governing body and members with voting rights. Most are averse to the idea.
    AKBreddevil87deepakcmunna219777
  • souravindiasouravindia 3595 Points
    and why will MB join ATK.. Why shouldn't it be the other way round. After all ATK is just peanuts considering what MB has provided to Indian football.
    Deb_Bandeepakcmunna219777AKB
  • red_devilred_devil kolkata2468 Points
    Neither does MB want to merge with any ISL team nor are they capable to rope in sponsors/ investment on board, neither are they willing to bid for an entry into ISL.. ..it simply shows that the Kolkata clubs are not willing to compromise from any angle. All they are willing to do is go to court and boycott ATK matches instead of looking out for solutions....with the absolute genius of administration the two heritage kolkata clubs have, I doubt they will be able to get sponsors or partners even in league one (if they play in it) with all the promised broadcast by star.
    souravindiaatuljgAKB
  • souravindiasouravindia 3595 Points
    EB or MB has survived more than 100 years. Let ATK first survive 10 years in football. This model of franchise system shall never work in football in long run. This model is similar to what we had the likes of JCT/Mahindra/psu clubs like ONGC. Its a owner model rather than a supporter based sponsorship model which is what is successful around the world
    deepakcmunna219777AKB
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    What? Please, no one even looked at the supporter based model until German clubs started to make it mainstream again, also, of the top 5 richest sports league in the world, 4 of them are American franchise sports leagues. And so far it has worked for 21 years in MLS and has not even boomed yet while the A-League has been successful with it as well and is set to improve.

I agree that Mohun Bagan has the 100 year history thing (East Bengal is not even 100 years old yet) and Atletico de Kolkata have only been around for what, 3 years, but I hate when people put down the franchise sports model when honestly it has been done well throughout the world. Mainstream Football never adopted it cause in the countries where football has its highest fan base (Europe) the clubs and league systems started differently but honestly they are very similar if you look into it.

Also, JCT, Mahindra, and other PSU clubs were never close to what this will be... Bengaluru FC are pretty much our only "franchise" type team so far (DSK Shivajians maybe).
    red_devildeepakcAKBkartik91
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    FC Goa to shut shop ! If verdict dont get changed in few weeks ! FC Goa will close down!
    munna219777atuljgdeepakcDeb_BangoalkeeparDXAKB