Indian Football Transfer News 2016-17, Rumours, Gossips, Signings, ISL 2016

Comments

• RathindraRathindra kolkata95 Points
    So many opinions, countered by more number of opinions ! so many football pundits are here........just a simple question to be answered honestly.....................are you pleased with the standard of football being played by the teams in the current ISL? Just pathetic.....few players, who gave us some visual pleasure on field, are absent this year....and the footballers who are newcomers this year are really below average . Many I league matches give us more pleasure than this year's ISL matches, played so far. What do you think?
    munna219777Deb_Ban
  • I agree, the standard has gone down as compared to the first two years, many games are played at walking pace . ...this may be due to many reasons 1) The foreign players are not as good as compared to the previous years - Teams are trying to cut down costs by signing aging players as well as those from not so good leagues. Good players like Elano, Mendoza, Leo Moura, Andre Santos, Luis Garcia, Fikru,Jan Seda,Andre Moritz,Dos Santos etc could not be retained by the ISL clubs. The fitness levels of some of the I league clubs is higher than the ISL clubs. Some ISL clubs look tired by the 70th minute even though they are playing under floodlights. I league matches are usually played under the burning sun. Some clubs have not signed their full quota of foreign players. So cost cutting is the main reason for the overall drop in the standards.
    [Deleted User]munna219777
  • RathindraRathindra kolkata95 Points
    I agree with you. There's the question .....when we are fighting over the success/failure of ISL in a loud tone (in this thread) why should the franchisees concentrate in cutting the costs ; this is only the third edition and they are already on backfoot !! What does it indicate? Can this tournament with such deteriorating standard of football set a milestone for the Indian football? I don't know. And regarding their grassroot level programme.....this is just hilarious !! If the junior development programme is not taken up seriously it will yield nothing for the future of the Indian Football and remain a football circus for 4 months each year. More importantly it is already losing the popularity it gained over the last couple of years. The owners are also losing interests..............I don't know what is the future of this tournament.

munna219777Deb_Ban
  • lokeshchandaindialokeshchandaindia lokeshchandaindia1085 Points
    Can't believe you guys take the Zlatan article seriously. He will not come to the ISL before the age of 38, if at all. Take it from me, the ISL will crumble within the next three years. Crowd attendances are dwindling, gates at venues are being thrown open at half time, TRP's are going down, print media is boycotting the matches, even IMG Reliance are cutting down costs and have stopped giving ads to papers, the quality of play is abysmal, the quality of players are dismal, Indian players who dont get a chance to play in the I-League are playing for the ISL teams. Take it from me, Bengaluru FC with four foreigners will rape the shit out of any ISL team. THE ISL WILL CRUMBLE IN THE NEXT THREE YEARS.
    red_devilmunna219777deepakckuldeep007Deb_BanDomnic
  • red_devilred_devil kolkata2468 Points
    edited October 2016
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    In the meantime, 19 year old Swedish international Linus Walqvist has reportedly contacted East Bengal as per "club sources". EB officials have declined to confirm any news on the same. 
    Carbon_14munna219777deepakckuldeep007
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I don't think anyone sane actually took the Zlatan article seriously.

Also the quality of ISL, to me at least, has not been bad and has definitely been better than the I-League lol. Although these are comments I am not surprised about, this is the same thing, every season, from the same people who make it clear their disdain for the ISL.

I'll just say this, with a game a day, some boring matches are going to be put under a magnifying glass.
    coolgagan
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    I can't paste the article..but I just read a newspaper article hinting at zchurchill returning to top flight...any truth? I am sceptical as they are barely avoiding relegation in GPL
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Is it the one with Valanka?