Indian Football Transfer News 2016-17, Rumours, Gossips, Signings, ISL 2016

Comments

• coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    On a side note, ISL, MLS and A League are among those leagues that will attract global players at the fag end of their careers. No current good footballer will come here. Football is not number one sport in India. Level of play cannot be compared to Premier League or other good league. This is a good platform for young players who want to build their careers, mid aged players from second tier or maybe first tier, players in sexy teams who find it difficult to break into first team and want to rejuvenate their careers and global players at the end of careers.
    Only the mighty chinese can attract current players. And maybe the Arabs. They can offer loads of cash. And standard of play is also okay. We cannot splurge money.
    ISL, MLS, A League cannot and will not offer loads of cash at all.
    EastBengalPridemunna219777deepak dedhaArsenalFan700kartik91red_devilkuldeep007
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Yes they wont spulrge and dont want them to. Better to bring down costs and invest in players brought in from south america and africa.

Apart from this poach best players from SE asia (Thailand apart) to maintain quality.
    munna219777shubham_northeastern
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    @thebeautifulgame ;  Development of "viewership" and "interest amongst young generation"  also comes under development of Indian Football. Connecting people in non I-League states with Indian Football can be considered a positive outcome of ISL if they manage to do this.
    BrainFallINDIAAshishKaulsanvedjadhavgaffertapeDXshubham_northeasternkartik91
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30188 Points
    @munna219777: Yes, I agree with you, though on a cautious note....let's see how things pan out after 4-5 years
    @DX: 'Better to bring down costs and invest in players brought in from south america and africa. Apart from this poach best players from SE Asia (Thailand apart) to maintain quality.' ----Agreed

munna219777
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    @gaffertape  I would like your opinion whether Tamilnadu or Kerala or delhi would have ever been part of i-league roadmap?

No one can deny going to these places is the best thing that ISL has achieved fact!!
    amirsid123gaffertapedeepak dedha7negi
  • shubham_northeasternshubham_northeastern Dimapur,Nagaland1245 Points
    ISL franchises should try and attract International players from smaller European Countries like Faroe Islands, etc.Quality at low money!
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Go for South American leagues... the best attacking players overall are usually from South America in ISL so far... our best player came from Colombia! The pay is usually low in SA as well.
    shubham_northeasternmunna219777Deb_Ban
  • shubham_northeasternshubham_northeastern Dimapur,Nagaland1245 Points
    Mumbai City FC have built a formidable squad with players from South American leagues.