Indian Football Transfer News 2016-17, Rumours, Gossips, Signings, ISL 2016

Comments

• lokeshchandaindialokeshchandaindia lokeshchandaindia1085 Points
    @ArsenalFan700 .. Well, I would agree with you when you say that the ISL quality is better than the I-League. However please note that the ISL is played with 6 foreigners which definitely improves the quality, it is played under floodlights that is better for the players, matches are played on sublime pitches which enhances the pace. Offer these same conditions to the I-League and would you guarantee the ISL being of a better quality? I don't think so. Btw are you an employee of Chennaiyin FC with the initials AG?
    Deb_Ban
  • TeamChennainTeamChennain chennai174 Points
    @lokeshchandaindia So ask Aiff to allow 6 foreigners,floodlights,sublime pitches for i-league.Ask all clubs to demand that . 
    samiamDomnic
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Um, I live in the US and have no affiliation with any ISL team. Also we have seen plenty of I-League matches under floodlights and the quality is still not that great. Pitches I can not speak for but then again we have had guys like Ashlesh praise the pitch at Fatorda for I-League games before plus we have seen some bad pitches in ISL with some like Salt Lake Stadium being rubbish and the game was still good.

As for the 6 foreigners... this is the difference between 6 and 4 players... 2 extra! And that is not even the point, obviously the quality is going to be better but look at the foreigners, most of them would walk into the I-League! Guys who did very well in the I-League but then came into the ISL have not had the same performance... even Dudu... the difference between ISL Dudu and I-League Dudu is clear. Same with Yusa and Norde. Guys like Doutie, Javi Lara, Mulder, Augusto, Pelissari, Tebar, Marcelinho, Badji, Alfaro, Valez, Defederico, Vadocz, Belfort, and Mahamat would walk into the I-League.

If the ISL was forced to reduce the number of foreigners I can see it going down from 10-11 to a hard 8 with 6 on the pitch (and reducing from there) and doing what the A-League does and selecting 4 for an Asian squad (which would only really apply to 1-2 teams out of the 10 in the league). Take away foreign goalkeepers (maybe) and add 1 AFC guy and I think you can still keep the quality good cause these are the guys already coming in! What? Will you now tell me a longer league will keep guys away compared to the 2-3 month format? Doutie stayed and would easily stay, the Brazilians would, so would the Argies.

The A-League Melbourne Derby yesterday had both sides field 5 foreigners each ffs.
    Carbon_14[Deleted User]
  • lokeshchandaindialokeshchandaindia lokeshchandaindia1085 Points
    @TeamChennain .. AIFF will never give in to the demands of the I-League cluubs because the AIFF is bought by IMG Reliance and they want the I-League to die. Hope that answers your question.

@ArsenalFan700.. Watch the I-league matches under floodlights. I don't see much of a difference compared to the ISL. Having two extra foreigners on the pitch according to me makes a huge difference. Then there is another matter of players not performing for I-League clubs to stay injury free for the ISL because that gives them ore glamour. Just think about this. Last years Bengaluru FC team or Mohuun Bagan tea with an additional one or two foreigners. Would the quality of play be enhanced? I think you've got your answer. I would think yes.
    Deb_BanDomnic
  • "matches are played on sublime pitches which enhances the pace" lol really?
    half of I league venues are Fifa approved venues... and many I league matches are played under floodlights ..

players not performing for I-League clubs to stay injury free?? again , where do you find such ludicrous theories?
    why would player risk his career , i mean if players is under performing why would ISL team consider him for their team let alone starting XI? 

number of foreigners is debatable matter, but your love with ISL /IMG is well known so dont see any point discussing it

when and if ISL/I-league teams play each other , we shall see outcome..what could or would happen is irrelevant 
    I said that having 2 extra foreigners helps but you then ignored everything else @lokeshchandaindia ;

You make your bias so easy to detect
    red_devil
  • TeamChennainTeamChennain chennai174 Points
    @lokeshchandaindia Do Aiff have funds to do that ? 
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    East Bengal end talks with Ian Hume. Wage demand and the fact that he isn't scoring goals in the current ISL are probably the main reasons. Loads of rumours being floated by Bengali media as usual but club hasn't made any official statement on any foreigner signings except Dong Hyun Do, who would remain till his contract runs out at end of the season. 
    He scored 1 in 4? What do they expect?
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    Ian Hume is much better player. More players like him and norde will definitely make i-league more interesting.
    They should buy him, it's good investment