AIFF International Youth Cup 2016

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Awesome game. Those who missed it, feel sorry for you guys!

BTW, Aniket was sent off in the 88th minute but even then there was no change in the gameplay for the next 7 minutes. Unlike other India games, this time I was hoping for India to score rather than not to concede. Aniket has good power in his feet. But all the attackers need more training for power and accuracy.

Koreans were outpaced at times, which was a bloody pleasant surprise! Also Gaston being dropped from the left back helped our cause. That guy was in the team only for his long throws. 
    sanvedjadhavsouravindiajees_josenikhilDXreddevil87
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Tremendous performance! The lads should be proud today!
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points
    Is this the same korean team who olayed in U16 Asian qualifiers ? That Korean team thrashed China , Taipei and Macaua. The score against China read 4 - 0 in favour of korea , that too for china it was a home match.
  • kartik91kartik91 Delhi1139 Points
    edited May 2016
    I missed it :( . Highlights anyone?
  • samsam 16428 Points
    full match is there in youtube

kartik91
  • souravindiasouravindia 3595 Points

looks like someone said correct. 3 matches in 5 games is tough and energy draining. Also surprising to me Malaysia played really well in this tournament. They have a good future with this team

• harry55harry55 india289 Points
    are we qualify for next playoffs
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    No Harry. We finished last on goal difference. But that hardly matters now. :)

Looking forward to AFC U16 Cup!
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    an impressive performance..could have ended up winning the game..the best part is that Koreans were under tremendous pressure throughout..Few have 4-5 good players but need a commanding presence in midfield..most boys barring Aniket look pretty small in stature..need to know who are the key players injured before this tourney other than Dheeraj..there is definitely room for more scouting but at this pace quarters in AFC should be a possibility
  • souravindiasouravindia 3595 Points

No 10 Komal, has excellent ball control. So does a lot of the other players. When I was small, and we were watching the world cups, my uncle exclaimed- how do the players run with the ball at the sidelines but ball never goes out of play? That's what is ball control for me and if you see this Indian team, 1 thing that impressed me is their ability with the ball- they are much ahead of their predecessors. hope they continue improving and we do have a team which can give consistent result.

Was a bit disappointed in the previous 3 matches, but this one made more than enough. if we can match Koreans, then yes quarters is a possibility provided, we do not make same mistakes as we did in earlier games.

Not sure of the player, no 20 in side back position, was making most of the mistakes earlier.I guess he was replaced in today's match.

reddevil87