India at Tokyo 2020: A Roadmap

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Every website has a different schedule  

Manish Kaushik is a good talent. His fight will be interesting.
    Mary Kom, PV Sindhu  and media favourite Manu Bhaker will be in action tomorrow.
    Abhishek
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    edited July 2021
    Good Morning Guys!!

The pathetic performance of the Shooters continue. Both Manu and Yashiswini fail to qualify for the finals of 10m air pistol event.

So much hype created,exposure given, investment made and fail under minimum pressure(qualification).. Finals(maximum pressure)

That's three prime events gone in Shooting, and not a single medal won and what's worse is that we haven't made the finals in two of them.

Piss Poor Performance by the shooters(they shouldn't be any excuses as they get the maximum facilities in India Sport).

Really saddening and depressing.
    haritrams24Ronnyspartamunna219777ashindia
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30173 Points
    PV Sindhu wins her first match
  • rathorevarun4 rathorevarun4 1665 Points
    edited July 2021
    @bad can you explain how indian shooters and Archer ranked world no 1,2 etc but can't even qualify for the finals....
    Did world class players of other countries do not play world cup like events in shooting,archery and only plays olympics...
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29697 Points
    Rankings are fake just like Indian football ranking 
    haritrams24munna219777ashindiamasefieldtheoilfield
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    @bad can you explain how indian shooters and Archer ranked world no 1,2 etc but can't even qualify for the finals....
    Did world class players of other countries do not play world cup like events in shooting,archery and only plays olympics...
    I can make some sense for Archers because they generally come from humble to middle class backgrounds so they lack the exposure,confidence and self belief. Obviously, it varies from person to person but this is generally what I have observed.
    Example)In Mixed Archery, it was visible that Pravin Jadhav was nervous. In the past, Deepika has also looked nervous on multiple occasions but so far in this competition,she has looked steady(perhaps having Olympics exposure previously has helped her).

As for Shooter's, I don't know. Shooting is relatively expensive sport. Shooter's (in Olympic Sports) get the maximum footage, maximum finances so this performance is not even below par but this is dismal.

In my opinion, we should have won atleast 4 Medals in Shooting bare minimum  which looks quite unrealistic now. What's worse is that we are struggling to make the finals as well. No excuse.

The Shooter's are talented and they have been quite consistent even among the best of competitors. They can't be compared with the Archers as Shooters have been the very consistent in comparison to Archer's.

I personally would look at the management. If we don't get lucky(and win some lucky medals or get lucky and win more Gold's ) than I will sack the management because this performance so far has been Dismal and not even below par.

spartaAbhishekharitrams24ashindia
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30173 Points
    Wins for Manika Batra and Mary Kom!
    Abhishek
  • I was saying to my sister india can win gold in hockey this time and boom australia leading 6-1
    No improvement in Indian hockey same story continues.....
    Disgusting performance
    munna219777Sanjeev BiswasBadashindiamasefieldtheoilfield