India at Tokyo 2020: A Roadmap

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Me   after the India- Australia Hockey Match

haritrams24ashindianamewtheldgiridharankartik91
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6756 Points
    After seeing 1-7, even I remember chak de India movie . Worst already happened in this Olympics. Let's hope we will have similar outcome to chak de (if not Gold at-least a medal).

As munna said earlier, taking only 1 GK is always risky. Even prior to Olympic games, most of the fans thought this including me.

I always say, we struggle against Belgium. Main reason is their(Belgium) defense. Belgium defense is very well organized and we faced difficulty while penetrate through their defense and our defense or Mid-field are not strong enough to hold Belgium attacking play for 60 mins.

Same goes with Australia.. Australia defense is very tough for us to break.  Australia & Belgium are top 2 teams in rankings for a reason.

But off late, we have improved our fitness , attacking game, conversion of penalty corners. I feel we can still finish 2nd in our group. Beating the likes of Argentina , Spain & Japan is possible for us.

Coming to QF, definitely we should avoid Belgium. Even Netherlands plays attacking game & might be tough for us.
    Britain/South Africa would be easy for us in Q.F. Though German team is good, they are in transition now. If we cannot defeat the likes of Germany/Britain/South Africa in Q.F, we should forgot about medal.
    munna219777Carbon_14Passigiridharan
    One of my college senior posted this. Even I'm having similar feeling.

"Schools in India have only 1 sports class per week and we expect 100s of medals in #Olympics.
    Best part is, that 1 PT period will most probably taken by mathematics teacher to complete the portions!
    #realitycheck"

Not just schools & teachers, most of the Indian parents used to feel playing sports is waste of time.

But I would say, things are changing now. Parents are feeling sports are necessary atleast fitness/psychology wise. Even few schools are taking it is a pride and sending their teams to Inter school or zonal meets.

Khelo games is best thing to happen. If Khelo games continues, we can see few more exceptional athletes.

Though Saurabh & Manu Bhaker haven't won medals in their individual events, they looks very composed. Both are competing together in mixed team and I feel we can still win a medal in this event.

Also even if our shooters are not good in this Olympics, I would say we are in safe hands with the likes of Saurabh, Manu Bhaker , Angad Bajwa , Aishwary Tomar, Yashaswini Deswal & Elavenil Valarivan and can expect good number of medals in next Olympics.
    Abhishekindian_goonergiridharanmasefieldtheoilfield
    Archery
    Our best chance to win medal is Women's individual. Deepika Kumari looks very calm & composed. Though Korean athletes not participated in this year Archery World where Deepika won Gold. But top athletes like Mackenzie Brown & Alejandra Valencia are part of it.

If Deepika wins first 3 rounds, she will face Korean, An San (Created OR in this games) in Q.F. I have watched both Mixed team & Women's team (where Korea won Golds & An San is part of it),  I would say she is beatable and at-times, feeling nervous. Couple of 10's from Deepika Kumari, we would see the difference.
  • shibiershibier 2997 Points
    In Archery south korea is unbeatable , their confidence , body language , concentration are different level is that what I feel from watching some of their rounds in this Olympics .
    ashindia
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30173 Points
    TT: Sharath Kamal wins and advances to Round 3
    Passi