India at Tokyo 2020: A Roadmap

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Talking about Age, Jiang Ranxin of China.won olympic medal at the age of 16 years in womens 10-meter pistol event.

Baddeepuashindiaindian_goonerspartaAbhishekkartik91
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    edited July 2021
    See, there is a problem. The problem is that there is a difference between losing and choking.For example Satwik Reddy and Chirag Shetty lost against Indonesian pair but they didn't choke.Similarily, Men's Archery Team also lost against Korea but didn't Choke. Nobody complains or has a problem but when you choke then it is definitely a problem.

The problem is that most of our Athletes(In this case Shooters have choked). 

What generally happens is that not every who is fancied will win a medal at the Olympics but these medals are compensated in other less fancied events by slightly lesser fancied athletes. No one has stepped up and what's worse us that everybody has underperformed. It is not that they are making the finals and are not being able to win medals. The problem is that they comfortably off the mark and are shooting bizarre scores consistently (some score are so bad that perhaps they will never shoot in their life again).

The problem is that,none of our Shooter's have won a medal, so the blame will definitely given to the more fancied shooters (without a doubt, it is natural).For example, if we lose in Cricket, more blame is given to the captain and more fancied players). So, Manu Bhakkar is no exception to this rule.

Moreover, in my opinion, her responses are not helping a her cause.

For example, she blamed her exit in preliminary stage of 10m Air Pistol event on Pistol Malfunction after shooting a series of 95 and 98 with the same pistol. She didn't qualify because she was not able to control her emotions and nerves. If she would have accepted it, nothing would have been said.

Today also, she shot a series of 92 and 94 which are considered pathetic which is a clear sign if nerves. She will never shoot these scores in practice. So, this basically means that she has repeated the same mistake again.

Moreover, don't look at their age.Age is just a number, look at their international experience. All our Teenagers have been part of the Indian setup for sufficient years.
    For example, When Rahul Dravid made his Debut, Sachin Tendulkar had already been a part of the Indian Setup for 7-8 years, therefore his senior,whereas both of them were of the same age in reality. Do, exposure counts and not the age as Munna has mentioned that 16yr old winning Gold Medal for China and there are many more examples.

Furthermore, Shooters have all the facilities,all the coaches,Mental Trainers etc. So, they look at themselves, their coaches etc and not blame anyone.

I personally feel, the shooting coaches( pistol and rifle should be sacked). I still maintain that these shooter's are not bad and have been reasonably consistent. Their performances at the Asian Games(Chinese and Koreans involved) and in World Cups had been reasonably steady.

It's the same situation like our 2007 World Cup Cricket Team losing in Group Stage. The team was good but results were pathetic. So, the management has to go.
    munna219777DarkoashindiaRonnyshibierthebeautifulgameindian_goonerspartakartik91
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6756 Points
    ;munna219777

China is very good in Shooting. We can't compare with them. Even 16 year old to qualify for Olympics from China have to cross lot of hurdles. They simply don't send some 16 year old to Olympics.

Same with S.Korean athlete (Kim Je deok). He is 17 year old and competing first Olympics and won 2 Golds in Archery team events. Though he lost in round 32 in individual event, he looks very composed for his age. Also topped ranking round. 

But I agree with other point, only the best should be sent. Instead of sending some ex-World/Asian champion or Olympian, need to some based on current year performance. Their should be some Olympic trails/national events prior in Olympic year.

Most of the successful teams are doing this. Even S.Korea didn't pick Ku Bon chan ( Rio Olympic individual Gold Medalist) . Also won gold with Archery Men's team.
    munna219777indian_goonerspartakartik91
  • deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
    edited July 2021
    How do u guys do it?
    Writing such a big articles 😱
    I dont even read them after seeing the length of comment
    haritrams24masefieldtheoilfieldmunna219777G_KashindiaRonnyindian_goonerspartagiridharankartik91
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6756 Points
    edited July 2021
    Hardly I'll use my mobile if I've to post anything in IFN. Most of my posts from my laptop :)
    Not sure about others.. 
    indian_gooner
    Nagendra said:
    Hardly I'll use my mobile if I've to post anything in IFN. Most of my posts from my laptop :)
    Not sure about others.. 
    I see 
    I use it on mobile all the time
  • Pedro GonzalesPedro Gonzales 223 Points
    edited July 2021
    I wouldn't be too hard on Manu, Deepika or others. Yes, they have choked, but they are still our best bets at a medal in these events (if there are others that are better, they'll earn their way up the ranks the usual way). Deepika has choked less than at prior Olympics. I'm looking forward to being pleasantly surprised tomorrow. 
  • On another note, I'm very impressed with the hockey teams. I've not been closely following them for years, and they disappointed at London and Rio so I missed how much they've improved. The women especially looked totally in control in both games (notwithstanding the results) against much higher ranked opponents. They need to do better to become real medal prospects but I do think they have a shot at beating Ireland and South Africa to make it to the QFs.
    Ronnymunna219777
    In actual only saurabh is a real medal contendor
    Rest are overhyped 
    I mean can u guys tell me how consistently manu scored 580+ in quals of previous tournaments he played ?
    Winning world cups is easy compared to olympics even 575 qualifies in finals 🤷‍♂️
    munna219777