India at Tokyo 2020: A Roadmap

Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29698 Points
    Why was a age fraud Mary kom sent in first place 
    deepugiridharansouravindiaatuljg
  • DarkoDarko Mumbai177 Points
    edited July 2021
    Jeez, the Uzbeki boxer against Satish Kumar is 6 feet 7 inches tall... no chance in hell!

That's what I was saying earlier, we need to benchmark the physical parameters of elite sportsmen - for ex, in boxing, height above 6 feet & southpaw, and once we have a handful of such candidates, then train them. If you look at that Chinese female wrestler whom Lovilna will face, she is "designed" to rule. We also need to "design" first and then train.
    munna219777spartadeepuashindiakartik91
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    For Indian Hockey Team, it is the best result so far since 1980 Moscow Olympics.

3 victories out of first 4 matches.

1964 Tokyo Olympics     Gold Medal

1966 Tokyo  Asian Games    Gold Medal

2020  Tokyo   Olympics   -  ITS COMING  HOME
    <3 <3 <3
    RonnyDarkospartagopiajeeshdeepuCarbon_14Nagendraashindiaatuljgkartik91
  • RonnyRonny 10488 Points
    I feel this really has the potential to be our chak de moment
    munna219777deepu
  • DarkoDarko Mumbai177 Points
    What will be the chances if India faces Belgium / Netherlands in the SF?
    We need Netherlands/Germany and then we have a genuine chance
    Been following the Indian hockey team since I was a kid and first watched the 96 Atlanta Olympics. Today I live in Atlanta and had totally forgotten the 96 Olympics were held here until yesterday I drove by the Olympic torch in downtown and they had lit it up because of ongoing Olympics. So many memories man!
    munna219777Darko
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6759 Points
    We will not face Belgium in Q.F.  Irrespective of our final game result, we will finish in top 2 in our group & Belgium position is already confirmed and they will be top qualifier from Group B. In Group B, if things stand as of today, we have to face Britain and I would say we are favorites to win against them.

As we are entitled to finish in 2nd position in our group, if we cross Q.F, we will face Belgium in S.F and I would say we should give more than 100% if we have to beat them in S.F. Main worrying factor is we are awarding too many PC and have to improve our defense, mainly our right side of the field.
    Darkomunna219777ashindia
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    PV Sindhu vs  Akane Yamaguchi in Quarter Finals.

What do you guys think ? How strong is Yamaguchi ?