2016 AFC U16 Championship INDIA

Comments

• mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    actually that under 16 team of 2007 had players who were very highly rated but dissapeared from football at 21-22 ... Manandeep Singh etc
  • ashindiaashindia 9365 Points
    Tommorow when India will lose against Iran (I hope they don't but let's be realistic) these same not so critical fans will say India did amazing in the tournament, India lost against team with better facilites, India lost against a better tram, they were in group of Gods , they will improve by u-17 WC begins , results don't matter at this age etc etc etc

This has been the story since 2005 when I started following Indian football and this will go on. 
    rudradeepakcsilicon3
  • nikhilnikhil blru548 Points
    @ArsenalFan700 Loosing out prolific goal scorer Abhijith Sarkar due to age cutoff and Defender Aimol to injury is a big blow and dare i say costed as 5 points as they were an integral part of the team.

Our Gk Dheeraj may be talented but he is certainly a nervous wreck and commit unnecessary mistakes in tight situation. Perhaps he hasn't reached the optimum level of fitness since his injury. Nawaz should be given a chance in my opinion.
  • alecsalecs Kerala663 Points
    Result wise, still this 2016 U16 Squad only par with 2012 Squad.
    3-2 loss vs Uzbek, 0-0 vs Syria and 2-2 vs China
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    FT India u16 3-3 Kingdom of Saudi Africa U23
    nikhilshibierkartik91sanvedjadhavdebarghya89deepakcfootydip
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Dheeraj-Looks  a decent Goal Keeper.His immense physique helps the team quite a lot.

Defence in general needs to be worked upon big time.

Midfield

Aniket-Looks most dangerous Indian Player going forward.His physique is also decent in comparison to other Indian Players.Long term and one of the best prospects as of now.

Suresh-Looks the Control Unit of this team.Didn't have a good game today. However,he looks a long term prospect to me.He has great compare.It was a pressure Penalty. 

Amarjit-Average at best.

Boris-We need a replacement for him.I don't feel he is ready as of now.He gets outruned,outmuscled,Doesn't cross,Poor Finishing.If he can utilise the ball better, our Midfield won't be under so much pressure because he sees lot of the ball.

Komal-Is a good,sensible and stable player. Has good skills and speed too. Good Prospect for the future.

Aman Chhetri-I am sorry to say but even at U-16 level,he will find it difficult to play as an out and out Striker with his physique.He has decent skills and speed. He will be more suited to a CAM role.

We have a good team technically but Strength is letting us down.

red_devilDeb_Ban
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    So,Dheeraj,Komal,Aniket and Suresh to me look like they can play in better leagues then Indian league.
    Deb_Ban
  • ashindiaashindia 9365 Points
    Team is.completely dependent on Aniket, unfortunately that guy can only dish out the performance for first 30 mins. Komol is amazing but unfortunately left all alone upfront with zero support. 

• red_devilred_devil kolkata2468 Points
    I just cant imagine India playing in the u17 WC next year facing the likes of Nigeria, Brasil, Chile, Germany , Belgium , france and getting thrashed badly ..5-0. 6-0. 7-0. We couldnt seal a game after taking leads in both the matches against Asian sides . Are we shit or is the coach not getting his tactics right?

When UAE played 2013 u 17 WC , they were at the bottom of the group with 0 points  and conceded 10 goals. Same was the situation of Iraq!
    Iran did well, reaching the QFs. So I guess the next match vs Iran will give us a better picture.
    ashindia
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @ashindia "...they will improve by u-17 WC begins..." 

"This has been the story since 2005 when I started following Indian football..."

When else have we participated in the U17 World Cup ;)

But seriously, come on. You are acting as if everything is the same since 2005. Since 2005 we have began a fully-professional football league and are now probably going into a future with a new one which has more money involved. We have also played in the AFC Asian Cup, won three Nehru Cups, seen two players (well, one really) establish themselves (himself) abroad, we are now hosting a World Cup tournament next year, the popularity of the game has risen considerably, esspecially in the last half decade, and we are properly training this U16/17 team for once. Before we would just take the best guys from the Mir Iqbal tournament and Subroto Cup and go with it. Of course there are many negatives as well but it is not all bad.
    samiamnikhilred_devilshibiersamkartik91deepakc