2016 AFC U16 Championship INDIA

Comments

• karenesudhakar2050karenesudhakar2050 Hyderabad 1504 Points
    Today adams tatics was one of the worst .  other wise we should have won the match .we have tried to defend after 30min in most of the match. Frankly speaking from past 5 u-16  indian matches this is worst match played by Indian team
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    edited September 2016
    See,i don't say that result don't matter but what is more important Specially at U-16 and U-19 level is performance.I say this because players are still developing at this stage.

Only at U-23 and Senior level,Results are more important because Players have already Developed.

Hence,Even if India qualify for the World Cup on Merit then also it won't mean that India has become a World Beater.

The transformation from 16 to 23 is the most important i.e positively or negatively. Thus,the guys who might do well at 16 yrs may not do well at 23 yrs.

Many countries who have done well at U-16,U-19 level more often have not been able to repeat that success at Senior Level.Like Nigeria,Mexico,Saudi etc

That is why I believe the real age group for judging the Progress of a Country should be U-23 and Senior Level.If India starts competing with Core Asian Countries at These Age Groups,only then I will believe that Indian Football has improved.

Right now,we are still in the shadows and have a long Way to go.....

ArsenalFan700nikhilred_devilNagendraCarbon_14munna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @red_devil Iraq finished last but they still got players like Sherko Kareem out of it who is not playing for Grasshoppers in Switzerland. New Zealand did not even score a goal in that tournament and gave away 11, they still have Matt Ridenton and Alex Rufer as regulars in the A-League now and Monty Patterson in England. Ismael Díaz of Panama now plays in Portugal for Porto's B team. Leomar Pinto of Venezuela is now in Spain.

Almost all the last place teams had a player or two so far do well abroad, if not in there own country. I will take that for India honestly.
    Deb_Banshibierkartik91karenesudhakar2050jees_jose
  • Why isn't Star Sports showing the highlights @11pm as scheduled.

• NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6760 Points
    ;Bad 

Saudi is not a successful team at U 16 and/or U 19 level anymore.... 

Of-course they have done incredible by winning U 16 world cup in 1989... But that's way back when Saudi is dominant in AFC those days at U-16 level.... But not anymore...

May be N.Korea is perfect example in Asia... or to some extent , we can consider Uzbekistan... 
  • ashindiaashindia 9365 Points
    You guys are not trying to understand what I actually meant. Anyways Come on Indian Football :D
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6760 Points
    ;ashindia 

then please explain what do you mean and your intention :smile: 
    I still feel we could have done better with the available resources. We should have been having 6 pts. But unfortunately we cant and we are still happy like we have always been. :D

samiamdeepakc
    @Ashlesh Give a good review man ! Dont be critical about the team. We have improved. :)
    silicon3sanvedjadhav
  • Frankly guys. I am watching the replay. Do you guys really think Indi played bad defensively? Yes there were momentary lapses which caused dearly, but the defensive organization was so good man. Saudi Arabia did not have much penetration even though they had the ball..

Infact I believe , without the blunders, this was a very good tactical game and an excellent defensive display (except the goals ofcourse)

But this defense will grow certainly. I have hopes on this team

Deb_Banshibiersanvedjadhav